Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia KD-49XF8096

profile.country.GB.title
mayor2
Explorer

Sony Bravia KD-49XF8096

Hi,

can someone help me with a solution. My 1 week old above sony tv model is dropping wifi every 30mins for the past 3 days. I called amazon support and have been asked to do reset but the problem still persist. Kindly help me with a solution or i return the product.

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi mayor2,

Welcome to the Sony Online Community! I suggest you take a look at this post and try to see if that solves your issue.

Note that at the end of the day wireless connections are too vulnerable to interferences. If it turns out that you can't resolve the drop-outs I strongly suggest you connect the TV using a wired connection instead. This will resolve the issue for good and improves the general use of content streaming services on your TV. If you can't run a network cable to your router due to practical restrictions then try using a pair of at least 500 mbps powerlan network adapters.

Cheers,

Dutchice

profile.country.GB.title
mayor2
Explorer

Thanks for the response. I have downloaded the app as you said in the other post but have no clue how to proceed to change router channell..plz help me with video tutorial link if it exist. Thank you again.

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

So have you been able to do a scan and identify if your current channel is being shared with others? Have you also identified if there are existing empty channels available?

Cheers,
Dutchice
profile.country.GB.title
mayor2
Explorer

Thanks for the reply. Pls check the attached photo and advice me.photophoto

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Include please a screenshot of the tab “AP channels in 2.4GHz” where the bottom graph is also visible.
profile.country.GB.title
mayor2
Explorer

2.4GHz2.4GHz

5GHz5GHz

I hope this is what you asked for.

SSID NAME...VM5187742

THANKS

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Thanks for uploading the screenshots. So as you clearly can see for yourself you are living in an extremely congested area. You can see that in the 2.4GHz band, channels 1, 6 and 11 are the most used channels. And your router is also among the devices using channel 11. Which is the reason why your wireless connection is suffering from the interference caused by all other devices in your vicinity.

I would suggest you contact VirginMedia and describe them the problem. Explain that you need to set your 2.4GHz band manually to channel 9 or 8. They should definitely have customer service assist you through the phone in order to get that done.

Keep us please posted on the results!

Cheers,

Dutchice