Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia turns itself on randomly

lukefildes
Explorer

Sony Bravia turns itself on randomly

Hi

I have just bought a Sony Bravia KD49X83 4K Ultra HD Android TV. I have a problem where the tv just turns itself on all on it's own at any hour randomly. I do not have any timers set. Does anyone else have this problem

There are no lights flashing or anything

Thanks

58 REPLIES 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Goto ECO in the power settings and turn OFF 'idle tv standby' - this is the likely cause.

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Sorry, me being dyslexic again, you mention TV switches on at random times - not off.  When you say random times, do you mean at night or during the day - or both?

Do you have other devices connected to the tv that you use that may cause the tv to switch on?

Cheers

lukefildes
Explorer

Thanks for you quick reply. I have turned this to 'OFF' but why would this cause the tv to turn ON??

lukefildes
Explorer

Hi thanks for your quick response.

The tv turns on both during the day and night. I have an xbox and BT YouView box attched to it. The BT box has to turn it's self on in order to record a scheduled recording but this should not turn the TV on

Thanks

Luke

Anonymous
Not applicable

Its the BT box under the TVs Bravia Sync settings that is probably turning the tv on.

• Set the [Auto TV on] setting of [BRAVIA Sync settings] to [Off].

Give that a test and see if that works.

lukefildes
Explorer

I have now done this and so good so far, thank you

Verulam65
Explorer

I have just connected my new smart tv to a talktalk box and also to the internet. It keeps turning itself on randomly. Can anyone help

profile.country.GB.title
JT4444
Explorer

Yes, mine too. I have a 43w809c. Randomly turns itself on night and day. I've turned the tv idle stand by ON. So the tv will switch itself OFF, should it turn on during the night, which it often does. 

I also sometimes have to turn off the tv 3 times with the remote, as it turns itself back on straight after I turn it off. 

Any ideas? Nothing is connected to the tv, except for the router.

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Try keeping TV disconnected from network(wired and wireless) and also remove all devices connected on your set(HDMI or scart or whatever) for a while to check if issue insists.

If issue stops then reconnect one thing at a time until you find what is triggering your TV to Power On.