Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KD 55XF8596 gray image stripes

profile.country.RO.title
Altair19
New

Sony KD 55XF8596 gray image stripes

I bought a Sony XF8596, and after a couple of days  while on Netflix watching a movie, on the screen from right to left started to appear some grayish/black stripes. I tried to switch to TV but no image, only sound. What can be the cause of this? I turned the TV off and on again and the stripes disappeared but I'm thinking if this is a known issue I should return the TV. IMG_20190608_164908.jpg

IMG_20190608_164912.jpg

IMG_20190608_164920.jpg

IMG_20190608_165044.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi @Altair19,

Welcome to the Sony Online Community. Thank you for including the pictures, it helps understand the problem. 

The condition I see on your pictures is not normal for an LCD panel. So indeed the TV has a factory defect and needs to be replaced.

I recommend you contact the point of sales where you purchased the TV and ask for a replacement. 

Cheers,

Dutchice 

profile.country.RO.title
Altair19
New

Thank you for your quick reply @dutchice!

Yesterday i've installed the latest software update available and everything seems to work ok for now. Is it possible the issue to reappear? It could be software related given the fact that even before the update, after I turned off an on the TV, the image came back to normal? ...i still have a few weeks until the 30 days return period expires so I was thinking to wait at least a week or two to see if this issue will reappear and then ask for a replacement.

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi @Altair19,

The LCD panel in your TV has defective circuitry. The recommendation is for you to return the defective TV and ask for a replacement as the defect is not software based. 

Cheers,

Dutchice