Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KD-66XE9005

profile.country.GB.title
Ashenxe9005
Explorer

Sony KD-66XE9005

Hi everyone,

My 65 inch 900e has terrible edge light bleed on the left and right edges running vertically top to bottom. The colours in this area are washed out and occur in every input. I was hoping this issue was intensified by the September software update as I haven’t noticed this since January 2018 when I purchased the TV. Since I saw this edge bleed in late October, it’s really annoying. I don’t even know if this is light bleeding as the effect varies form intensity depending on the content. However, this line is always there as if on standby. I contacted Sony and they told me to just adjust picture settings which didn’t help at all.

any tips ?

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
Ashenxe9005
Explorer

Thanks for the reply @stormyuk

As you say, the line is about 1cm in width. Other than that, the blooming and clouding doesn't really bother me though adjusting the settings/dimming doesn't help the panel in my case. I am in the process of trying to return the tv. My issue is my retailer is saying they can't help me because the TV is now in manufacturer warranty (this seems to be an excuse from the retailer to avoid my trouble). Sony only gave me picture settings tips and told me they don't do returns. I called my retailer last Friday and they took my Sony case number so that they can contact Sony. At this stage, I just want to move away from this model of TV. The retailer, Co Op Electrical, has told me they'll call me back after contacting Sony themselves to update me on my situation. However, the only solution I am going to accept from them is the act of returning and getting a full refund.