Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KD43XE8396 Satellite Selection

profile.country.GB.title
montyray
Explorer

Sony KD43XE8396 Satellite Selection

Problem: Selecting which satellite to view after setting up 2 satellites. Astra2 on SAT 1 and HOTBIRD on SAT 2. There is provision in the sat set-up menu system for 4 satellites. But I'm interested in only 2.

How do I select satellite 1 or satellite 2 to view?  Input selection gives 3 options: Digital, General, and Preffered. Obviously "Preferred" is the cable distribution system, so that leaves General satellite only. How do I then select satellite 1 or 2 after setting input to General Satellite?

Anyone?

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Loofah

Aren't all the channels from both satellites just bundled together? 

profile.country.GB.title
montyray
Explorer

Thanks for your input.

Don't know if they are. How do you find out, if you cannot select sat1 or sat 2? There are over 900 channels on Astra2 and over 1500 on Hotbird at 13 East. Have even tried setting up for FTA channels only on both.

Likewise, there appears NO simple way to select FAVOURITE Channels after setup and sorting without going thru the ACTION button. Can't find any instructions anywhere.

profile.country.GB.title
Loofah

See if you have around 2400 channels scanned in? That would at least tell you if they have been combined and added together.

I <think> there is some software lurking about for you to export he channel list, fiddle with it and then import but I have no experience of it.

Basically the satellite setup for the Sopny TV's are very poor. I've started another thread regarding the useless EPG.

profile.country.GB.title
montyray
Explorer

Many thanks for that.

Can't say for certain, but do remember the list of channels going haywire.

However, the first time around doing a FULL scan got 980 channels on Astra2 and 1500+ on Hotbird the second time around.

But still can find any way of selecting SAT1 or SAT 2.

profile.country.GB.title
montyray
Explorer

KD43XE8396.

How do you select SAT 1, or SAT 2, to watch satellite programs then?

Anyone?

There are ONLY 2 options in the "INPUT" menu;  General Satellite, or Preferred Satellite.