Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KDL559005CBU 55" TV - Won't Switch On

SOLVED
modasij
New

Sony KDL559005CBU 55" TV - Won't Switch On

I'm starting to get really fed up with this TV now!

The TV just won't switch on using the magic remote. Tried pressing the power button around 100 times and also tried holding it in but nothing! Turned the mains power off too but still no luck.

It's as if the TV has completely died!

Really unsure on what to do now.

Just wish I had returned it when I had the chance and replaced it with a proper LG TV, I wouldn't be in this mess now with this dodgy TV.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
modasij
New

Right I've managed to fix it myself. Problem was the bluetooth service had turned itself off after the last update and wouldn't switch back on which meant my magic remote wouldn't respond at all.

I used the normal remote to restart the Android OS and everything is back to normal.

What an unexpected pain!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Do you get anything on the screen at all?  What about sound?

Cheers

modasij
New

Right I've managed to fix it myself. Problem was the bluetooth service had turned itself off after the last update and wouldn't switch back on which meant my magic remote wouldn't respond at all.

I used the normal remote to restart the Android OS and everything is back to normal.

What an unexpected pain!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool, glad you've managed to resolve it.

Just to let you know, some have reported issues with bluetooth randomly switching itself off.

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/2015-android-tv-bugs-and-issues/m-p/2115544#M40760