Join now - be part of our community!

Sony TV off and red flashing light 6 times.

profile.country.GB.title
jace1969

Sony TV off and red flashing light 6 times.

Hi.

I have a Sony 49x8309c and these last few months i have been getting on and off problems.

First i would turn the TV off by the remote and next minute it's back on but on the main Sony menu screen.

Remote it very slow at times or no response like you can press the input button on the top left (AV) to select the input and nothing then all of a sudden it will fly through fast what i pressed a few seconds ago.

The latest one this morning is i turned tv off on the remote last night and come downstairs this morning to see the red Led light flashing 6 times and turned it on and works.

I have tried all the things like unplugged tv for a long while and back on and says no software updates.

It's on Wi-Fi and software is...........PKG5.433.0183EUB

Just getting the software number off the Help place the remote didn't work then went mad again through what i pressed,this red light is now the latest problem.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Piscie
Community Team

Hey @jace1969

I guess the TV isn't recognizing the latest software version, it happened with me many times! I'd recommend updating it manually by downloading the software file on your PC/Laptop and follow the steps here, let us know if it fixes the problem for you.

profile.country.GB.title
jace1969

The thing is you saying the firmware and updating it it just won't update,wifi is there as i watch Netflix so don't update on Wi-Fi and i have tried a new usb drive all clean but the t.v does see it if i go into the storage and also when i turn off the t.v and turn it back on it comes up on the bottom right but there is no way to install it.

profile.country.GB.title
jace1969

Done it just seeing if it's better,time will tell.

Had to format the drive again and put the file back in and worked this time.

Thanks