Join now - be part of our community!

Sony XD9305 e Sony XD8599: the best image quality in 4K?

FoxJones
New

Sony XD9305 e Sony XD8599: the best image quality in 4K?

Hi, I'd like to buy a 65" TV (4K). I will use it with 4K videos. In your opinion which between Sony XD9305 and Sony XD8599 gives a better image quality in 4K? Did you make a direct comparison?
Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
hankmarvin107

Sorry to say if it is anything like the 2015 models, then I would not go for any of them.

I have 4K input on a 65XC9305 (£4K when new for some people).  When working the picture is good.  I use Netflix and have tried some HDR content and I am not sure it’s really as bright as it should be.  Need more content to tell. 

The issues I have are reported by others on different posts, so if the 2016 TVs have anywhere near the same level of issues, then stay clear.   I see black screens, picture stutter, a line of pixels that seem to fall asleep, so needs a reboot, slow response in general, not reacting to remote control commands, crashes.......... and many more.

If Sony admitted to some of these issues when they sold the TV and had a plan to fix quickly you can forgive a little.  1 year on (I reported many of the issues June 2015 same day the TV was installed) and many not fixed and tech services clearly have no power to fix then this is not acceptable and really tells you how important the customer is to Sony post sale. 

It’s a shame, but I will never buy from Sony again.   I just have to keep escalating to try and get my money back. 

gebearm

Best to avoid Sony XD93  , No Freesat,   poor Freeview SD , Distorted speech, Impossible to use rotten Opera Internet Browser, Freezes up, you have to power off  switch on again., Imputs should be on right had side of set, most people are right handed.

gebearm

XD93 went off for 6 hours on Thursday, Sony update ? This troublesome TV is on sale in COSTC XD9305 55" £1598.98p incl Vat.

gebearm

Sum up  Good picture, poor sound, Overpriced.