Join now - be part of our community!

Sony XH90/X900h VRR and ALLM

profile.country.GB.title
voodoo_84

Sony XH90/X900h VRR and ALLM

Hi, there are a lot of rumours, including responses from costumer service advisors  and amended webpages that suggest VRR and ALLM support via a firmware update will no longer be coming, can anyone confirm this?

This is my first Sony TV and I can genuinely say communication around well known issues with the TV has been dreadful. 

Thanks

76 REPLIES 76
profile.country.GB.title
Lewis0
Explorer

FADCA397-46A0-48F5-AF9C-718750866399.png

profile.country.GB.title
Lewis0
Explorer

9F6E16D2-6A12-47FE-9684-CAB004741AEB.png

profile.country.GB.title
Lewis0
Explorer

B1DE6991-ECF0-4FBB-BAE2-D4C9FC6ABB15.png

 what is this doing on there web site ? Taken today 

profile.country.GB.title
wiggly71

Hi Lewis 

The update is not released yet for the VRR and ALLM was ment to be some time in the new year until it all blew up over the weekend with sony America took it off the spec sheets

profile.country.GB.title
rexter
Explorer

I do love the complete disparty between all the support pages between sites:

UK: its part of 6.4869

Screenshot 2021-01-11 at 11.19.42.png

AU: not part of 6.4960 but will come in future

Screenshot 2021-01-11 at 11.20.02.png

US: No plans

Screenshot 2021-01-11 at 11.20.29.png

Ive emailed the UK support team to ask for clarification 

profile.country.SE.title
MauritsV
Explorer

Hello,

yeah this is totally unacceptable. I also bought it for the new consoles and these two features were half the reason. Especially for xbox series x owners this will be an issue. 

But really, its false marketing. I live in Sweden and urge everyone here to file a complaint with the consumers rights agency against Sony for misleading information. 

https://www.konsumentverket.se/for-konsument/anmal-till-konsumentverket/anmalan/

Im going to talk to my retailer today and will update you all on their reaction. 

And SONY will have to answers to us, because its a lot of money not to mention trust, that has been lost.

profile.country.GB.title
wiggly71

Just recived an answer from SONY support 

20210111_123737.jpg

Correa84
New

A month ago I bought this TV because they promised those features. I've bought Sony TVs all my life but if they don't do anything about it, I won't buy Sony TVs again. I feel disappointed.

Michael3Pearson
Explorer

Chat_Test.jpeg

I'm from the UK, but decided to contact Sony USA's Live Chat last night, they seem to believe that the update has been cancelled worldwide.

I contacted Sony UK's live chat earlier this-morning and they said they don't have any information on the update, and they can only go on what they have on their website which still indicates it's going to be made available in a future firmware update.

Everything seems to be all up in the air regarding this at the moment, and I feel that if I continue to wait for this update I'm going to end up disappointed when it doesn't come and unable to return my product. So unless Sony, come out very soon and publicly announce that they WILL be releasing this update, I think I'm going to try and get my refund through Currys even though I'm well outside of the 30 day return window.. It's just not worth the risk and lack of transparency as to what issues they're having getting this implemented.

Not to mention that it doesn't seem like it's coming anytime soon, as their 2021 line-up says the same thing "VRR/ALLM" available in a future firmware update and they're not releasing until spring.

profile.country.GB.title
wiggly71

They have us over a barrel until sony offially say it's not comming I can't see currys doing anything sony can keep us hanging on for ever if they want to until they make it official we can't do nothing. I got a responce to from SONY weather you believe it or not what can we do..