Join now - be part of our community!

sony xr-50x90j Freesat channels

profile.country.GB.title
sckeebl
Explorer

sony xr-50x90j Freesat channels

Hi.

Im in the UK and have just bought the Sony XR-80X90J TV.  Great TV, but I have a question about freesat.  I have connected up my old Sky Q feed.  I have found 182 channels, however, when I go into the EPG the listing is there for the channels, but none of the channels are working.  Its stored them, but I cannot find them!  Any idea how get to them.  Surely they should appear in the EPG?  Also the EPG is blank with no data.  I have read that Sky Q LNB's need changing to standard, but surely if I am showing 182 channels, it does not need to be changed?  I have contacted support, but they do have a clue!

20211122_183517.jpg

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
BigKabanos
New

Hi,

I have the exact same issue on a KD43X89J.

Ran a freesat scan, finds 192 channels. Use the EPG, it shows channel 101/102 then goes to channel 900 for the other BBC channels in the UK. But you type in 103/104/105 etc and it finds ITV/C4/C5 respectively. Very strange indeed.

Will persevere and keep trying 'things' to see if the EPG shows what the TV is actually picking up.

Last resort is to revert to factory default, but as the TV is not mine (helping out a friend), not sure I want to run the risk of leaving them without a working set of channels even though they can't see what is due to be aired!