Join now - be part of our community!

Sony XR-55A95L faulty HDMI 2.1

profile.country.GB.title
LDA1779
New

Sony XR-55A95L faulty HDMI 2.1

I purchased a XR-55A95L five weeks ago and it has started flickering to a black screen on hdmi 3 and 4 which are the two dedicated hdmi 2.1 outputs.

I was playing on my PlayStation 5 when it started doing it last night which was plugged into hdmi 4.

This happened after about two hours and flicked to a black screen for around ten seconds before bringing the picture back, this happened six times with the last time taking around thirty seconds before the picture came back but was green.

I have tried factory resetting the TV, power cycling, three different high quality hdmi cables and it does the same (apart from the green screen) when I plug an Xbox Series X into port 4.

I have tried port 3 as well and that is just as bad, ports 1 and 2 work ok.

After speaking to customer support the only option they are telling me is it will have to go away to be repaired to which I am highly annoyed at as this was only purchased on the 5/1/24 and delivered on the 7/1/24.

I did not spend £2500 to have a TV go faulty after literally five weeks and then to be told they won’t replace it but repair it.

Can anybody tell me if there is any way of actually getting a new replacement rather than a repair?

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Try asking the Seller...
profile.country.GB.title
LDA1779
New

They referred me to Sony support.

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

In this case the decision on repair or replacement is up to the Service Center, there is not much that can be done.

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@LDA1779 @Marino.Manolo 

Up to 30 days, replacement. After that, repair, replace or refund is the seller’s option.

But the seller only gets one chance to repair it, or have Sony repair it, And accept nothing that starts with the words “Sony won’t…” That’s the seller’s problem, not yours.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
Blumine1818

I am experiencing absolutely the same problem!

I only took delivery of the TV last Saturday!

I plugged my Panasonic 820 4k player and it was flickering exactly as you describe.

When I plugged the 4k player into the back of my soundbar it worked perfectly.

I'm going to contact the retailer John Lewis tomorrow.

I agree with you this is completely unacceptable.

profile.country.GB.title
Blumine1818

https://www.consumerrightsexpert.co.uk/what-are-rights-faulty-television.html#:~:text=If%20it's%20mo....

If your TV is faulty you can reject it for a full refund within 30 days of purchase. If it's more than 30 days but less than 6 months since purchase, it's presumed the fault was there at the time of purchase (and it is up to the retailer to prove otherwise). The retailer should replace or repair the product at this stage - although the retailer can usually choose which of these options to take.