Join now - be part of our community!

Stream your Gaming PC straight to your Android TV wirelessly

xx4L0Mxx
Contributor

Stream your Gaming PC straight to your Android TV wirelessly

Don't know if anyone else has posted this, so apologies if it has already, but it's easy to stream your PC games straight to your Sony Android TV without having a Nvidia shield tablet or equivalent.

Even though I have my main gaming PC hooked up to my TV via HDMI in my front room, I tried this on the gaming pc I have in my bedroom as a test.  The bedroom pc has a Nvidia Asus Strix 970 GTX in it.

According to Nvidia official site, these graphics cards are supported for gamestreaming :

GeForce GTX class GPUs
900, 900M, 800M, 700, 700M,
600, select 600M Series

I'm pretty much 99.9% sure that I have used moonlight before in the past to stream AMD graphics cards to android devices, if anyone wants me to try AMD, I can give it a go tomorrow using my girlfriend's pc which has a R9 290 in it.

1 :

You will need a controller, the easiest way is just to sync a Dualshock 4 controller to your TV, that's what I used, but third party bluetooth enabled Android controllers may work. A bluetooth keyboard and mouse will probably work too for strategy games, but I haven't tried personally.

So, sync your pad of choice to your TV.

2 :

Go on the TV's play store and download an app called "moonlight" and install it.

3 :

On your gaming pc, open Nvidia's "Geforce experience" app and go to the heading at the top called "SHIELD".

You will need to login to enable you to stream your games, so if you do not have a Nvidia account you will have to register one, it's free.

Once logged in, start Moonlight app on TV and it will search for PC's.  When you see your PC listed, click on it. A 4 digit code will be shown, go to your gaming PC and input the 4 digit code in the box that has popped up on screen.

That's it, your pc games should now be shown on your TV. Use the controller to click on the game you want to play and it will load up.

Apologies again for being vague, but from memory I also think that you can open something like STEAM, minimise it, and then you will have full wireless connectivity to your pc to do non gaming tasks too if you want, I will have to test this again at some point, but i'm sure it works if memory serves, I also think that you can manually add games if they are not shown natively, but I will have to add to this at a later date after I have tested it.

The streaming works excellently. Moonlight had a latency of 20milliseconds over my home network, with my TV and Gaming PC both being connected to an ASUS RT-68u router, you could connect your TV and gaming pc to homeplugs too if that's more convenient.

I only tried Dirt Rally and Fallout 4 so far, but the Dualshock 4 worked natively in both titles and picture and Audio had no noticeable lag.

Hope you may find this useful !

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I thought id just reply back and say that this seems a really good easy solution :wink:

Cheers

profile.country.DE.title
R1k4rd
Explorer

Hey guys,

i know that this is already an older topic but can somebody tell me whether Moonlight runs smoothly in 4k and 60fps on a TV of the XD or XE series, for example on XD90/93 or XE90/93? And is there also any support for the Xbox One bluetooth controller?

best regards, R1k4rd