Join now - be part of our community!

TV model changed after tech intervent

profile.country.IT.title
Fabrizio_G
Explorer

TV model changed after tech intervent

Hi all,

I have a very strange problem on my KD-55S8505C tv. On june I asked for tech support because the videos shown negative images. The support take my tv for ten days and after everything seemed to work fine again.

Now, since I don't see really good the HDR and since on my tv there is not the option to change the HDR type (I see only HDR in Video type without any possibility to change it) I discovered that in my System Info the model is KD-55S8005C and no more the S8505C. I checked the box and the label behind the tv and I'm not became crazy, my tv WAS the S8505C with Triluminos display (the label says so)! But why the sys info says S8005C? The technicians changed something inside? The serial number is the same as before.

Any suggestion will be really appreciate.

Thanks

Fabrizio

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi Fabrizio_G, 

This seems strange. I'll just see if I can find some answers for you. In the meantime though, maybe someone else in the community can help.

Thanks,

Pascale

profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi Fabrizio,

I've passed your issue over to the team who'll investigate this and will be in contact with you via email.

Best wishes,

Sean Mc

profile.country.IT.title
Fabrizio_G
Explorer

Hi all,

I solved the problem. After changing the mainboard, the technicians configured it with the wrong model name. Sony support ask them to come again at home and, in five minutes, they configured all in the correct way.

Thanks Sony for the fast support

Fabrizio

profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Thanks for the update, Fabrizio.

Pleased to hear you got the issue resolved.

Best wishes,

Sean Mc