Join now - be part of our community!

TV not working after Android 6 update

SOLVED
Kadlinko

TV not working after Android 6 update

Hi,

I have Sony KDL-43W756 TV. Yesterday I did TV update on Android 6 via USB. Installation went pretty good. It did 100%. After that TV should restart and installation should be done.

But it did not happened. Screen gone dark and LED diode on TV started blinking orange and green. After maybe 10 minutes TV turned off. I waited for next 10 minutes if it turn on to complete installation. But it did not. So I turned TV on manually. After that TV screen was still dark and LED diode was still blinking orange and green = TV did not work.

After that I called on Sony call support. They told me that I am not first who has this issue and that they know about this problem since yesterday (really? they know about it and do not warn anybody on their site?). With help of Sony call support we did factory settings - did not help. But after factory settings I can hear TV's introductory sound. But screen is still dark and LED diode stil blink orange and green.

Sony call support told me that they are working on it. When they will solve this issue they well contact me. But I think that you guys will know how to fix this problem sooner than Sony support in Slovakia. I would like to ask you for help. If anybody know how to fix this problem please let me know.

Does anybody have the same issue? Write about it right here. We could help each other.

Thanks a lot,

David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All

Can we keep this discussion (Amber/Green blinking LED problem) in one thread?  It just makes it harder if there is multiple threads with the same problem.

@Kadlinko - would you mind if I merged your thread into the 'master thread' ? - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/master-thread-marshmallow-update-amber-green-blinking-led...

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.RO.title
aly_aliuta
Explorer

Hello there,

Same issue for me after the update on a sony bravia kdl43w808c. What should we do?

Thank you!

profile.country.CZ.title
kodein
Explorer

I have to same problem....

Kadlinko

Really do not know right nie. Just wait for help. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All

Can we keep this discussion (Amber/Green blinking LED problem) in one thread?  It just makes it harder if there is multiple threads with the same problem.

@Kadlinko - would you mind if I merged your thread into the 'master thread' ? - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/master-thread-marshmallow-update-amber-green-blinking-led...

Kadlinko

Okay man, no problem.

profile.country.HU.title
jcsaba
Explorer

I have been having the same problem. After updating via USB (update of 22.02.2017), I can't use my Sony TV set: it is just blinking green and orange at the botton instead of white light, and there is no picture at all, just sound. However, I can change channels by the remote controller which I notice from the change of sound. The way of resetting the whole TV equipment (full disconnection, waiting of five minutes etc) doesn't work.

I reported the problem to Sony Center in Hungary and sparately to the Service Center and wait for their reactions.

Sony KDL-43W807C

As soon as I get any solution, I let you know.

profile.country.GB.title
Terry-fisher
Explorer

Go into youview menu to select a programme to watch for three days ago.

Program loads.

Then get message -------  An error has occured. PLease try again later.

I have now tried several times over the last three days.

I have checked all settings and still bet the same message.

Also try switching TV off and on. Still get the same message.

Anybody got any ideas please?