Join now - be part of our community!

Update to 3885 not coming

SOLVED
profile.country.RO.title
AlbertoA04

Update to 3885 not coming

I'm new on community, sorry if I posted somewhere incorrect

I have an 55W808C with 3865 software. I accepted Sony's conditions at first startup and turned on Automatic Software Updates but the update to 3885 is not coming. I manually checked 3 times if it is avaible but without success. Why I don't receive the update OTA? I know that I can update my TV with USB stick but it will be more confortable with OTA. And yes, it is connected to internet

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.RO.title
AlbertoA04

Ok! It finally came! Update arrived a few days ago on my TV. The deadline offered by Sony was 12 and at the end of day I've got it

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Welcome to the Community forums.

According to Sony's download page:

"NOTE: This firmware will be rolled-out gradually by the 12th July 2017."

Firmware updates are rolled out to Android based TVs similar to mobile phones - not everyone get it immediately.  I would guess that you are in the last batch of people to have it rolled out to. 

You can either wait another day or two, or you can download the file and update via USB from:

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/lcd-tvs-android-w75xc_w80xc-series/kdl-55w808c/downloads/...

Cheers

profile.country.RO.title
AlbertoA04

Thanks. I through that the update is coming on models (like W75 on first 3 day, W80 next 3 day...).

profile.country.RO.title
AlbertoA04

It's almost 12nd of July and I stiil didn't receive the update. Why?

Probably I will update with USB but I don't think that Sony was nice with this ignore

I remind that I accepted the privacy policy of Sony, I've set Automatic Updates to On and my TV is always connected to internet

Anonymous
Not applicable

Umm, its the 11th July today :slight_smile:

Although I agree that Sony is leaving things to the last minute according to the statement, assuming that is the problem that is.

profile.country.RO.title
AlbertoA04

I don't have 3885. I read that if your TV is new is possible that you already have the new softwareAt my local hour it was like 21:57 and that's why I said it's almost 12nd of July

Btw today is 12nd of July and I still didn't received it

profile.country.RO.title
AlbertoA04

Ok! It finally came! Update arrived a few days ago on my TV. The deadline offered by Sony was 12 and at the end of day I've got it