Join now - be part of our community!

USB formatted as internal storage keeps disappearing

profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

USB formatted as internal storage keeps disappearing

So, apart from not being able to write on disk which is not formated as internal, even the one that is formatted as such is unusable becuse it keeps disappering from the system.

And the only way to get it back is restart.

It happend a few times already and it seems that it is related to standby time.

EDIT: So, this happens only in REC port on my 50W75C. Solution is to use any other port.

82 REPLIES 82
profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

Sorry, any idea about what happened to my post? I am sure it was alive because I even edited it after posting. And I am receiving the notifications for the updates in this thread. :question:

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

When I came back to the TV this morning, the adopted storage was still there. However, the TV rebooted over night which it is doing quite frequently lately. How do I know? Because I typically switch off the TV while in Kodi. When I come back in the morning it is in Live TV a lot of times which is what the TV boots into when doing a full boot.

Can you try to do a reboot (long power button press)? Probably this is where your adoptable storage gets lost? Or does it also happen while the TV is running?

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

I also read about quite some issues on forums where USB HDDs were not recognized after the TV has entered deep sleep anymore.

profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

@Kuschelmonschter

well, actually, reboot/restart with power button or from settings brings the storage back. What did happen the other night is that wifey left kodi running (I usually don't) and in the morning kodi was still running but it was telling me that there's no database or anything because the storage was gone and TV obviously didn't reboot because kodi wouldn't be there.

Last night I left just one stick in port 3 and this morning it was still there. The same one was disappearing from port 2. Now I'm testing port one. Which I'll never use for that but anyway. It might by that just port 2 is the problem because it is also for recording.

External storage is always there but something strange did happen once because it did get "y" in front of usual disk ID so that messed up some things but reboot fixed it and regular ID was back.

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

So let me summarize your findings:

USB pen drive often disappears after standby. Most probably after TV has entered deep standby.

It only happened on port 2 so far, but not on port 3 (the USB 3.0 SuperSpeed one). Port 1 is still being tested.

Storage device can still be seen in Settings, but can't be accessed anymore.

Is that correct so far? I will try to replicate.

profile.country.UA.title
svansvan
Contributor

try search in google: GPT to MBR

---------------------------------------------------------------
KD-55x9305c + SPS4 1208b
profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Please be a bit more verbose. It doesn't help at all. Are there problems with GPT that such partitions are not properly initialized after standby? I am not sure whether you can actually change that. Android prepares the storage for "internal" use by formatting and encrypting it...

profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

@Kuschelmonschter

So let me summarize your findings: USB pen drive often disappears after standby. Most probably after TV has entered deep standby. It only happened on port 2 so far, but not on port 3 (the USB 3.0 SuperSpeed one). Port 1 is still being tested. Storage device can still be seen in Settings, but can't be accessed anymore. Is that correct so far? I will try to replicate.

Pretty much. Except that when I did have also another stick in port 2 (recording one) then they both disappered

profile.country.UA.title
svansvan
Contributor

I was just about it:

on the Russian site, some people no longer see the flash after new firmware.
helped the following:
program rufus with the setting of "Driving section and the type of system interface" - MBR for computers with the BIOS or UEFI
https://rufus.akeo.ie/?locale=en_US

-----

I apologize if I did not essentially

---------------------------------------------------------------
KD-55x9305c + SPS4 1208b
profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Pretty much. Except that when I did have also another stick in port 2 (recording one) then they both disappered

The recording one can only go to USB port 3 though (the USB 3.0 SS port), no? Your TV probably has different USB port numbering?