Join now - be part of our community!

USB formatted as internal storage keeps disappearing

profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

USB formatted as internal storage keeps disappearing

So, apart from not being able to write on disk which is not formated as internal, even the one that is formatted as such is unusable becuse it keeps disappering from the system.

And the only way to get it back is restart.

It happend a few times already and it seems that it is related to standby time.

EDIT: So, this happens only in REC port on my 50W75C. Solution is to use any other port.

82 REPLIES 82
profile.country.US.title
Kingbusa
Explorer

I guess I have three problems then! with this TV.

You are right, all my third party apps like Kodi, STBEMU and others are gone! When I powered up the TV the usb drive was not even listed. So I restarted the tv from the about screen, the drive then showed up in the storage and reset section but the apps are gone from the home screen.

Second problem is restarting, every time I restart the tv I have to unplug the power because the tv stays stuck with white light on and black screen.

Other problem is formatting drives using the tv, to date only my 8 gig old Maxwell drive worked, I'm going to try a sd card with a usb reader instead and see if that works.

profile.country.US.title
Kingbusa
Explorer

Not sure if anyone is interested but I used 128gig MicroSd card connected to a card reader and the apps have not disappeared. It’s going on 2 days now. I was able to format the card and migrated the data successfully.

enodeb
New

I had the same problem with my newly updated X9000H.

USB formatted as internal storage keep ejecting itself after a while.

I have tried several brands and different speed of USB Flash but not luck.
I finally follow the tutorial on Reddit to keep the TV from entering deep sleep.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AndroidTV/comments/inpfgk/how_to_prevent_philips_android_tv_to_enter_deep/

And guess what! It's been 2 days and the internal storage still stay. Hope this helps!

I could image if you restart your TV you will need to update these settings in Wakelock Revamped again. 

You can download the app APK from GitHub and sideload it to your TV.

https://github.com/d4rken/wakelock-revamp

I enabled "Processor + WiFi Normal" to keep it from entering deep sleep.