Join now - be part of our community!

Using TV remote to operate STB

profile.country.SE.title
nucleoXXI

Using TV remote to operate STB

I've been trying to find a solution or better understanding regarding the subject of using the A1 TV remote to operate my STB. In the Bravia sync menu the STB is listed however the Sony A1 remote won't operate the box.

The STB remote however has limited operational features to operate the A1 (On/Off, Volume control and changing source).

Does it make sense that the STB remote has some compatibility with the TV while the TV remote has none compatibility with the STB? Or is there something that is not correct here.

In the sync menu when I choose to connect to connected units I don't get any error messeages.

If I would like to use one remote to operate both units, would logitech harmony be a possible solution?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

I am not sure what you exactly aim to achieve. For example with the PS4 I can use the Bravia TV remote to do the basic commands in the circle (cursor, select, back). It's enough to watch a video with any app, start a game (just start it) or to operate with the settings.

Then with the remote of my AVR I can control the PS4 even a bit better, it has three specific buttons, but there is no way it can control anything on the TV. I mean, it controls the volume, but because that's the AVR volume. And the volume bar doesn;t show in the TV anyway. I imagine each HDMI CEC (Bravia Sync) box has its set of possible commands.

profile.country.SE.title
nucleoXXI

I would like to put away the remote for the STB and just use the A1 remote. Just like I did with my Samsung to say. :slight_smile: With the Samsung remote (both of them) I had full control of the STB.

Right now I need both remotes.