Join now - be part of our community!

Vertical line blinking on screen

steodoyne
Explorer

Vertical line blinking on screen

Hi

I recently purchased a KD-43XE8004 in September and for the last couple of months everything has been brilliant. No problems at all. But in the last week or so I've started to notice a line on the TV that's blinking on and off at random times whilst I'm playing Xbox or watching TV.

When I first noticed this I thought I had a loose cable maybe something to do with the Xbox but no it's also happening with other inputs and across all picture modes.

I recorded a video to try and show what's happening:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRStzM7zYnU

It was bought online and when I contacted the place I bought it from, they suggested I get in contact with Sony.

I emailed Sony Support last week but have yet to recieve a reply.

Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @steodoyne and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

Thanks for providing a video of your problem for our members to see. :trophy:

If you have checked the cables etc and it happens without a pattern then

I think you're best phoning Sony Support on

+44 (0) 2073652810

rather than waiting for an email response.

Keep us posted.

profile.country.GB.title
Mooly01
Contributor

This looks slightly different to many such faults because in the video it appears that the line does not reach down to final part of the screen... although video images/artifacts/colour rendition can be misleading.

If this is happening with all external hardware disconnected (as a test) and also at that point performing a factory reset, then I would say it was screen/hardware related.   

Your contract is with the seller rather than Sony at this point and it should fall to them to put matter right. 

profile.country.GB.title
lollypop11

Can you retest this with motion flow being "OFF"?