Join now - be part of our community!

Vertical line on Sony A1 after panel refresh

profile.country.GB.title
Sony-a1
Explorer

Vertical line on Sony A1 after panel refresh

Yesterday, the TV offered me the panel refresh. I did the operation but immediately a vertical line appeared in the middle of the screen. The left side of the screen has a slightly different brightness from the right so that you apparently notice a dividing line. I redid another refresh panel without solving.
Is there anything I can do or should I call the assistance? Sony changes the TV for this problem?
Before the refresh the panel was perfect.

I ask help

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yqz09knsmgqfk9z/20181125_095228.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v5ja35vuav9hxem/20181125_095712.mp4?dl=0

16 REPLIES 16
profile.country.GB.title
Itstonyb

Yes the support team will give you instructions on how to do the tests and ask for photos after each one to see if the problem is still there  

I had to do three different tests before they decided to swap the TV  

profile.country.GB.title
Sony-a1
Explorer

Do you think that if you call Sony tomorrow, you can have the exchange authorization by Friday?

profile.country.GB.title
Itstonyb

Probably. It took about a week for me. 

profile.country.GB.title
Sony-a1
Explorer

Thank you. I send now to email Sony support, serial number tv, photo of panel, proof of purchase.

I wrote that I have attempted new panel refresh, total reset of Tv. I send photo with rectangle and Vertical line.

I hope no problem for warranty. 

profile.country.GB.title
Itstonyb

I hope its as easy for you as it was for me  

I think the rectangle issue still gets replaced it off warranty as its a manufacturing fault. 

Rtings did a YouTube video about it on LG panels I think it's the burn in video

profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

I would recommend getting in touch with the support team for further advice here.

Best wishes,

Sean Mc

khaozzer0
New

Hi, there I also have the same problem with my XBR55-A1E. A line appeared straight down the middle of the panel after a panel refresh. I was wondering if you had any luck with sony exchanging the panel since in my case they told me to have a nice day and they could not help me out since I was 4 months out of warranty. I do believe that they should have exchanged it since its a defect on the panel or the software that caused the issue.Issue.JPG