Join now - be part of our community!

Video & TV Sideview App

profile.country.GB.title
pereirac23
Explorer

Video & TV Sideview App

Hi.

I recently bought a KD-50SD8005 and am getting to grips with the Android OS and all it's features. I was going to buy a Samsung but decided on the Sony at the last minute..

I have a Sideview App loaded on my iPhone and while I can control the TV with the remote, the TV digital channel list is different from what I can see on the TV itself? I also get an EPG error if I try to download my favourites from the TV to the app so I can use the remote recording facility.

The EPS for the Sattelite side never seems to work either.. 

Our old Sony had Freesat and Freeview and the EPGs never worked either but we used Sky then so it was not an problem..

My first imprssions are that while the picture is great the software is still in 'development'...

Carl

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

IN regards to the Video and TV Sideview app - try removing the TV from the app itself and then re-adding it again, and going through the setup process again and see if that helps,

IN regards to Freesat - None of Sony TVs have ever had Freesat.  The inclusion of the satellite tuner has caused this misconception.  Freesat is the name/branding behind the Satellite EPG.  So as Sony TVs do not have 'Freesat' EPG then, the only thing it will populate is the now and next programs.

Cheers