Join now - be part of our community!

W808c Home system 5.1 issue

profile.country.GB.title
BalckJack
Explorer

W808c Home system 5.1 issue

Hi everyone,

I just purchased a [b]Logitech z906[/b] for my tv and have hooked it up on the Optical port, but it seems i have some issue when i have the system on full 5.1 surround (3D from console) set up, the back speakers aren't working as they should and the sound is very distorted on them. 

If i change the output to 4.1 it seems that the speakers are working...but i lose the center speaker if i do this which is not a very good option from my point of view...

The TV is set up allready from Digital audio out to PCM (have tried Audio1 and 2 also) but i can't see any improvement if i cycle through them.

Should i RMA the sound system? or is this just some kind of bug ?

Thanks in advance. 

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

AFAIK, PCM is not the way to go since you can't get more than 2 channels. I'm using optical on my w75c but with real AVR and mine TV is on auto1 and I can get DTS/DD from internal player, DD from netflix, KODI and from my SAT receiver on HDMI3.

I'm totally not familiar with that logitech (or any other system like that) but TV as such is capable to output proper lossy 5.1 multichannel sound. And maybe it is also related to some console audio setting since console is feeding the TV with audio and then TV will either passthrough that signal out as is or convert to something and then output that via optical.

profile.country.GB.title
BalckJack
Explorer

Hi King, 

Thanks for the info.

My system doesn't have a receiver sadly and the connection is directly from system to TV,  i am really thinking the sound system may be faulty, but i not 100% of this, would be awesome if someone who has either the same sound system or the something really similar. 

profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

It doesn't matter that it's not AVR as long as it can handle DTS/AC3.

Try first with movie with DTS/AC3 from USB on internal player (Video) or somethig from netflix just to see that TV-Logitech combo works. Then try with the console. But keep in mind that the only way for that to work (if I'm right) is that your console output dolby digital (AC3) because that is a format that TV can just pass through as is. I'm not sure that the same goes for DTS.

The other possible optios is to hook your console directly to logitech with one cable and see how that goes. Worst case scenario is HDMI from console to the TV and optical from console to Logitech and then another optical from the TV to logitech.

profile.country.GB.title
BalckJack
Explorer

What i understood from manual , the system is capable of dts and ac3  and from what i understood the tv is also capable of all that stuff, the sad part is that i don't have a hdmi out from the sound system...only optical or coaxial.

NickAnimus
Explorer

Any luck with that? I know it's been a long time, but I would like to know if you had any workaround.