Join now - be part of our community!

Which XE Model?

profile.country.GB.title
Xsister2
Explorer

Which XE Model?

I am thinking about buying a new Sony TV.  I am limited for space and want a 43 inch model but cannot for the life of me work out whether to buy the XE8005 or the XE8396.  The only difference I can find is Motionflow at 200Hz for the XE8005 and 400Hz for the XE8396.  I have read a number of articles which suggest that Motionflow really only comes into it's own when watching sport and some don't like it at all and 'switch it off.'  Which one should I buy?  Are there any other differences that I should know about?  Any advice would be very much appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @Xsister2 and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

I think the real difference is the motionflow.

They use the same hz panels so the difference is probably minimal.

It depends if the 400hz benefits of the XE8396 will be of any use to you.

Hope this helps.

profile.country.GB.title
Tufftybob
Explorer

Hi,

I have the KD-43XE8396 which I believe must be the '400hz Motionflow' model mentioned by the first person who responded to your question.

I have discovered (since buying this tv) that MY tv is potentially NOT compatible with a VESA wall mount. I have no idea which wall mount it IS compatible with. (neither do Sony Customer Services - in Egypt!!!!)

So, if you use or want to use a wall mount I would check this out FIRST.

As for the viewable difference between 200hz & 400hz that will down to how good your eyesight is AND especially what you are watching on the TV you get.

MY tv was not that expensive and U tried about 4 or 5 different '43' 4k TV's in store (different brands).

I got the Sony because (I thought) it was the best value for the price.

I have no info about the '200hz model'.

I really HATE the fact that MY tv uses ANDROID, for it 'smart features', but as bad as it is it is waaaaayyyyyyy better than a previous 24" Samsung 'smart TV' - that was even worse (not android).

If you can put up with the Sony Android OS or use an 'external tv box' instead you will find the KD-43E8396 an excellent quality tv with a VERY good picture.

But of course the image quality you get will also depend on the source that inputs the image to the TV.

Bob