Join now - be part of our community!

Wall bracket

SOLVED
profile.country.IE.title
Rachelaoife
Explorer

Wall bracket

Extremely disappointed bought a sony bravia 43 inch kdl we75 on sunday as our telly died on us saturday night. My husband put it onto our universal vesa bracket last night and it was a little tricky and didnt seem as sturdy so on contacting sony apparently my only option is to buy a sony wall bracket costing over 200 euro!!! I have been told there is no vesa model adapter for my telly. Is this really true?? Has anyone else experienced this? Thinking we might just return it tomorrow and get a telly that works with what we already have!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IE.title
Rachelaoife
Explorer

Brilliant thanks nic. Delighted i dont have to go buying a 200 quid sony bracket! Thanks for all your help👍👍

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi @Rachelaoife,

which size does your VESA-bracket have (vertical/horizontal distance between the center of two screw-holes) and which type of mounting option does your new TV have (vertical/horizontal distance between the center of two screw-holes)?

Also which size did your previous TV have and to which weight it your VESA-mount rated?

- Nic

profile.country.IE.title
Rachelaoife
Explorer

Hi nic

Thanks for replying

My vesa bracket goes to a maximum 400mm x 400 mm and a max weight of 55kg. My new tv (from what i can measure as it is on the bracket at the minute) is 10cm between the bottom two holes and 20 cm between the top and bottom holes and the weight on the box says 14kg. 

The bracket has moving bars that can adjist to different sizes of tellys so we were able to move them is close enough to fit on the telly 

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi @Rachelaoife,

there are rectangular and square VESA mounts.

If your new TV fits on the mount though, where exactly is the problem?

From your description I don't really understand, why you wish for a converter/adapter.

- Nic

profile.country.IE.title
Rachelaoife
Explorer

When my husband attached it to the bracket is didnt seem as sturdy as our previous telly did and when i googled the vesa measurements for my new telly i couldnt get a clear answer. I then contacted sony with the model no fromy tv and was told that no vesa bracket was suitable and there was no vesa adapter which would fit and i was given the product no for a sony bracket that i was advised was the only bracket that would fit my tv. 

It is as i mentioned already on the bracket but im just not if i should be taking it down based on what i was told my the sony worker or is it safe once it fits. 

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Rachelaoife,

would you mind uploading an image (you can do this via the button above the text-window), which shows the back of the TV with the attached vesa mount?

It would help to judge, weather or not it is a viable way to mount the TV.

I assume the person you talked to on the phone is required to not recommend third party mounts, since then you as a customer could try to make Sony liable if the mount fails - with the argument "your rep on the phone told me it is safe to use".

I think that is the only reason he told you, you should use the official mount. 

Since I don't work for Sony, I can tell you what I think about the mount.

- Nic

profile.country.IE.title
Rachelaoife
Explorer

15104447533251350458488.jpg

15104447918742123630855.jpg

I hope these are clear enough nic thanks 

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi @Rachelaoife,

if the screws grip deep enough into the TVs threads and the TV doesn't move on the mount, I don't see any reason why this mount wouldn't be sufficient :wink:

- Nic

profile.country.IE.title
Rachelaoife
Explorer

Brilliant thanks nic. Delighted i dont have to go buying a 200 quid sony bracket! Thanks for all your help👍👍

profile.country.GB.title
Tufftybob
Explorer

Hi Nic

I have a 2017 Sony Bravia KD-43XE8396

I have checked the 'Wall Mount Compatibilty Chart' that is accessible via the help section from 'HOME' on THIS TV.

I have also checked the 'same' chart via the Support by Sony App on my smartphone.

MY TV (and presumably ALL other XE83..... models, of whatever size) are NOT listed.

Is this likely an error by Sony having left this 2017 model out of the list by mistake, or it is yet another 2015/2016/2017 Sony Bravia TV model 'inexplicably incompatible' with the well known VESA STANDARD. 

If it is NOT compatible I suspect Sony have done this deliberately to try to get you to buy 'their' mounts instead.

But if that IS the case, then why would they NOT then even advertise such SONY branded wall mounts or sell them on their website, if they want users to buy them instead of VESA compatible mounts?

I don't get it.

I have a similar problem that 'Sony Customer Services Egypt' have no clue at all which 'android game controllers' WILL work for ANY android games available via Google Play Store.

Do you have any answers?

Thanks

Bob