Join now - be part of our community!

X75J95 earc with DTS HD, TrueHD

profile.country.HU.title
AndrewBoyHUN
Explorer

X75J95 earc with DTS HD, TrueHD

Hello,

Whem I'm turning the earc on the TV I cannot get dd, dts, dts hd, true hd on my receiver, which is a Denon 3500 capable of earc.

From other sources connected either to the tv or the receiver dd, dts, dts hd and true hd are working fine.

If im using kodi or plex on the tv, nothing happens, cannot send hbr audio to the receiver. If i switch of earc on the tv, dd and dts are working fine.

I dont see the possibility to put dts hd or true hd onto my receiver via earc from kodi/plex or even from the built in player. In kodi dts hd is enabled.

Passthrough is enabled in kodi, tv, everywhere. Looks like the tv alters the stream if i switch the earc on.

On my previous tv, 75xf9005 i had no earc but i could enable dts hd in kodi and it could send back dts hd to the receiver but of course due to low bandwidth it was far from perfect, but the stream was untouched dts hd.

How to setup the tv to send out untouched HBR from the apps???

Compressed audio is okay if earc is switched off and running on arc.

Tks

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Use cases can be different: you may want to use your PS5 as UHD bd player along as gaming console, I was just making an example.

If you don't get lossy multichannel from streaming app while setting the connection as eARC is a different story: it can be a bug on the TV or the receiver, but it is expected to work like the ARC connection in that case

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

hey AndrewBoyHUN, I'm not sure that this is a real issue other than a dilemma. Contact Sony if you have a suggestion.

profile.country.GB.title
carlito000
Explorer

DD+ passes through fine from TV apps, this is what netflix, amazon etc uses. True HD doesnt work from apps as you say, read in another thread this is because of a licensing agreement, not a technical limitation.