Join now - be part of our community!

x900h restarted itself

yangma
New

x900h restarted itself

it restarted itself making a weired noise for like 5 secs. happened twice. has this happened to anyone with tv? was wondering what causes this and what can be done to stop it 

thanks

48 REPLIES 48
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi yangma,

Please check if "Control remotely" is enabled in the settings.

https://helpguide.sony.net/tv/haep2/v1/en/06-03_01.html

Cheers

Peter

Got similar on mine it freezes, beeps and then restarts.

profile.country.GB.title
jezzafisher
Explorer

Do you have a soundbar / AV equipment plugged into HDMI 3 (arc / eARC) for example?  Could be related.  If so, try leaving eARC OFF for now, per Peter's reply in my thread.

profile.country.US.title
Niverive
Explorer

I just got my Sony 900H on Sunday and I've had it randomly reboot twice since then, I'm pretty sure both have happened after the latest firmware update.

profile.country.GB.title
ArmchairTitan
Explorer

Having the same issue since the new firmware update. TV has crashed 4 times over the last week while using Netflix and Iplayer.

profile.country.GB.title
voodoo_84

Same problem, it’s happened 4 or 5 times since the new updated. No issues before.

profile.country.GB.title
cliveo32
Explorer

Me to after update 2 or 3 times a day 

profile.country.GB.title
jezzafisher
Explorer

Do you have AV equipment as I said? I've turned eARC off for now and it's been fine so far.

profile.country.GB.title
Traikus
Explorer

Brand New 55inch XH9005 delivered on the 16th October and am experiencing the same issues.

The TV updated as soon as I connected it to the wifi and since then restarts at random. I get a frozen screen and a loud noise then the TV restarts. This happens when using HDMI connected devices and whilst watching TV via a digital arial.

Things I've tried to rectify the issues are:

1. Restart the TV manually.

2. factory reset the TV

3. Disable E-ARC and control remotely  settings.

I currently have an XBox One X, PS4 Pro and Nintendo Switch connected to the HDMI ports. Removing them makes no difference to the random restarts.

Should I contact my retailer and have the set replaced due to it being brand new or is this a firmware issue?