Join now - be part of our community!

XD9305 - Loss of all power

XD9305 - Loss of all power

Hi - Has anyone experienced a loss of power on the new XD9305?  Having switched TV off as normal yesterday, it is now dead.I have checked power and I have checked fuse - a 10Amp one and still nothing.I have also tried the button at the back and the remote ( and changed batteries).

Very frustrating as having bought the latest TV Sony have out ( in June), less than 6 months later TV is dead.

239 REPLIES 239
profile.country.GB.title
bumblbee4321
Explorer

So

I have given up.

I visited my local John Lewis and got a great response. My TV died on 3 June 2017. Its second fault with basically total loss of service. I have had a 65" Black Rectangle with a Sony logo on in my house now for four weeks.

Sony are terrible

The repairer are terrible

John Lewis on the phone have been frustrating using words like "follow the process" and Consumer Rights Act vs Sale of Goods act. I went into the store on Sunday and again on Monday.

They contacted Sony who wanted to send a different engineer to look at and repair the TV.

I have had enough and the JL store in Leeds were very good and have offered me a contribution towards a new TV. Given my experience I have taken their offer and bought a Samsung QE65Q7F instead. I can't buy Sony when they behave like this, especially when this thread is full of people who have had upgrades to XE9305s and compensation.

The XE9305 is £3k. My XD9305 was £2k when I bought it in December 2016. I've now had to spend £800 to buy another TV to replace this with just to be done with it.

The repairer last attended on 19 June. I have just been called today - 30 June to advise the replacement, replacement part has arrived after they blew the last one up.

I now have a new Samsung coming on Wednesday and JL are taking the Sony away.

I will be writing to Sony and BBC Watchdog about my experience.

Check out the video here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9x91d8xagdexyq2/Sony%20TV%20Spark.mov?dl=0 (audio is out of sync for some reason. Sparks at 5:30)

I love his use of a cordless drill to rag it all apart and no special gloves or protective equipment either.

Anyways. Goodbye Sony and Good Luck everyone else.

profile.country.GB.title
icon_boy
Explorer

The repairer are terrible

Doesn’t seem to inspire much confidence there, the company dealing with the repair for my tv, they didn’t feel the need to come and inspect the tv, they seem to know exactly what part to order.

Engineer will repair the tv once the part arrives from Sony

profile.country.GB.title
kickboxingboy

That's because they are repairing so many, there is a 98% chance it's the dps board.
They did the same to me, thankfully it means my tv got repaired a week quicker.

Sent from my iPhone
profile.country.GB.title
Babydoc56
Explorer

Add me, for court appearance!

profile.country.LT.title
mirko123
Explorer

Me too, having the same problem. What a piece of crap is Sony Bravia XD9305 and seems to me the same as all other new models of this disgraceful company Sony. Each friend of mine will be informed to avoid purchasing Sony TV. I won't use their warranty, because replacement of DSP board to the same useless crap-working max for 6 months is not solution, it should be repaired by qualified technician but not by dumb Sony engineer. 

profile.country.GB.title
LF69LF

Morning,

Finally everything has been sorted, Sony came to may house yesterday 2 great guys replaced my TV with KD-55XE9305 interestly its very heavy compared to last years model plus slightly thicker and the build quality looks better. 

Whilst I wasnt happy with Sonys response at first they have resolved my complaint and resorted my faith in the brand.

profile.country.GB.title
sheila0151
Explorer

me too its absolutely disgusting - total crap TV

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sheila0151 wrote:

me too its absolutely disgusting - total crap TV

I know, its pretty :poop: isnt it and still no acknowledgement from Sony.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello All

As of today Sony has published the following article:

http://sony-eur-eu-en-web--eur.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/141519

XD93 - Power Issues.jpg

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Babydoc56
Explorer

My 7 month old 55 inch 9305 has died again, one month after the last repair.

It was the DSP board last time and the engineer was so sure of the fault that all he did was replace it and tell me that it would work, which it did. Took all of 10 minutes!

Now back to square one. John Lewis technical help says, they will repair rather than replace till the cost of repair exceeds cost of replacement. Unbelievable!

Engineer coming again from Basingstoke on Saturday, hope he brings the board again.