Join now - be part of our community!

XD9305 - Loss of all power

XD9305 - Loss of all power

Hi - Has anyone experienced a loss of power on the new XD9305?  Having switched TV off as normal yesterday, it is now dead.I have checked power and I have checked fuse - a 10Amp one and still nothing.I have also tried the button at the back and the remote ( and changed batteries).

Very frustrating as having bought the latest TV Sony have out ( in June), less than 6 months later TV is dead.

239 REPLIES 239
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Babydoc56

I have been informed that they have been using different manufactured DPS boards when replacing them.  Im at a loss to explain why you and a few others have had the same issue occur a couple of times.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Babydoc56
Explorer

I wonder why the replacement fails within 4 weeks. Must be the same part as before.

Anonymous
Not applicable

yes, thats the logical conclusion...

profile.country.GB.title
iaboard40

Forget John Lewis ....Ring SONY and insist on an upgrade to a 2017 unit i.e. A KD-55XE9305

Sent from my iPhone
profile.country.GB.title
Babydoc56
Explorer

Thanks.Will try today.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
profile.country.GB.title
Babydoc56
Explorer

Thanks.Will try today.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
profile.country.GB.title
Babydoc56
Explorer

This is the response to my query:

Dear Mr Rao

Thank you for contacting Sony support regarding your Sony KD-55XD9305.

We are sorry to hear the TV is completely dead again and apologies for the inconvenience.

Please note that an exchange can only be done if the TV is deemed irreparable as per the Terms and conditions of the warranty.

You can view the T&C’s of the warranty below:
http://services.sony.co.uk/support/en/warranty

Furthermore, once the board that is used to fix the TV is the one that is needed for the TV to operate. Please not that this is not a common issue with this TV model.Any known issues are announced on the Sony website:
https://www.sony.co.uk/

Furthermore, please provide us with the serial number of the device for registration purposes.

Should you have any further questions, please feel free to reply to reply to this email.

Thank you for your enquiry.

Yours sincerely,
Zainab
SONY SUPPORT TEAM
http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en

profile.country.GB.title
iaboard40

If it's still under a Sony warranty I'd fight for a straight replacement. The 2016 models are not fit for purpose. You have had 2 units fail. Email me direct and I'll send you my details of my contact in Germany, if you send him the history of ***** has been going on he might be able to help. Worth a try. You are just being given stock answers by customer services. They have no authority to arrange a replacement.

Sent from my iPhone
profile.country.GB.title
iaboard40

If it's still under a Sony warranty I'd fight for a straight replacement. The 2016 models are not fit for purpose. You have had 2 units fail. Email me direct and I'll send you my details of my contact in Germany, if you send him the history of ***** has been going on he might be able to help. Worth a try. You are just being given stock answers by customer services. They have no authority to arrange a replacement.

Sent from my iPhone
profile.country.GB.title
sharpharp

Hi everyone,

As many of you will know, I have posted several times on here about the XD9305 and I finally got a solution and wanted to share it with the community

Sony settled out of court with me and despite my pure anger in earlier replies about the poor quality of the XD9305 (which i 100% still standby), I cannot fault SONYs Senior Customer Relations team.

It's taken several months and this isn't for the faint hearted, you'll need the persistant of a pit-bull to get a solution...

I was initially offered a replacement to the 2017 Xe9305 model, but i did some further research and was unable to get a firm answer as to whether they were using the same DPS boards as the XD.. Also it is too early to tell if the Xe9305 will start failing over the next few months. In addition, I sought advice and also visited Stores with the XE9305 in stock where they had the XD9305, XE9305 and LG OLED (2017 version) side by side.... On the plus side, the Sound on the XE is a million times better than the XD (so Sony listened to this, no pun intended), but oh my god, my decision to reject the XE was made up based on the even sluggier menu than the XD9305... 10-15 seconds for the menu to appear.... Android has killed the enjoyability for me.

So in the end, I got a full refund for my XD9305 and also for the equally dire Sony Soundbar.

I've just negotiated and ordered a 2017 LG OLED for the same price, so happy days

Hopefully Sony will improve on the Android menus and ditch the XD, XE LCD lines for OLED

I wish all of you the best and hope you all get solutions. Thanks for everyone contributing and bringing this to Sony's attention and it's good to see Sony publishing an official announcement about the TV and taking note of the forums and Sony consumers.

For now, lets hope I don't have to sign up for the LG forums any time soon :cool: