Join now - be part of our community!

XD9305 - Loss of all power

XD9305 - Loss of all power

Hi - Has anyone experienced a loss of power on the new XD9305?  Having switched TV off as normal yesterday, it is now dead.I have checked power and I have checked fuse - a 10Amp one and still nothing.I have also tried the button at the back and the remote ( and changed batteries).

Very frustrating as having bought the latest TV Sony have out ( in June), less than 6 months later TV is dead.

239 REPLIES 239
profile.country.GB.title
paullysmiff
Explorer

Happy to advise that I've been upgraded to the XE, let's see how this goes.

We were close to getting a full refund from Currys but we'd also given Sony the choice of an upgrade or agree to the refund, they chose that former. There was an email suggesting that the replacement is 'as new' but, at this moment in time I'm happy enough.

I'd recommend that anyone given Sony the same choice specify that it is a new XE to upgrade to.

Personally, the frustration with Sony stems from their Middle Eastern??? 'Customer Service'. As polite as they are, they are very robotic in their responses, the human empathy is definitely lacking. The other side of dealing with them is that, despite being extremely specific as to what I wanted, different information was passed on to their repair agent.

Once the UK Customer Services got in touch via email, it was all smooth sailing from there.

It's taken a week and a half this time to get an upgraded TV (as opposed to 3 weeks for a straight replacement the first time). Overall, I'd be leading towards putting it as a negative experience but still appreciate that Sony have upgraded our sub-standard XD. The prices of TV's have gone up since we first bought a Sony in December, a full refund would have left us struggling to get a TV, of the same standard, without spending an extra £500.

profile.country.GB.title
iaboard40

I had an almost exact scenario as you and am more than happy with the XE. It's a thousand pound more than the XD and it's a far better picture than the XD.... and it doesn't break down. Result...

Sent from my iPhone
profile.country.GB.title
Babydoc56
Explorer

Hi all,

Its happened again...predictably.

My second XD9305 has also broken down!

The rigmarole begins again, engineer coming tomorrow...hopefully with a DPS board.

The A1 works brilliantly though, but such a step up in cost.

Maybe I'll go for an XE9305 to replace this one.

😩😩😩

profile.country.GB.title
Babydoc56
Explorer

Engineer has been.

Replaced DPS board.....and it works!

Sony customer service being robotic as before.

Keep asking for a serial number when it's already been sent.

Have written a firm letter requesting callback from a senior member of the team to avoid legal action😢

profile.country.GB.title
Babydoc56
Explorer

Update

Neither John Lewis nor Sony UK willing to replace the TV.

I am told by JL that I was 'most unfortunate' that the DPS board failed in both my sets.

Sony offering to give me a 3 month extension on the warranty.

Have written to Sunday Times to take the issue further.

😡😡😡

profile.country.GB.title
paullysmiff
Explorer

Hi BabyDoc,

I wouldn't take that as an acceptable answer. After reading this forum, I was raring to go in taking the legal route. There is clearly enough evidence, even just in this forum that the TV's were originally sold as substandard. There is also enough evidence to suggest, as you know first hand, that replacing the DPS board is not a permanent solution.

Give them an ultimatum, even through in going to Watchdog, Sony know that this model is inherently faulty so they don't have a leg to stand on.

profile.country.GB.title
Stu-No
New

My XD9305 has had total power failure as of 12th September 2017. I purchased it new from Richer Sounds on 23rd May 2017 so less than 4 months old. I seem to remember seeing it was manufactured in April 2016 so had been sitting in stock for over a year but new not ex-demo. Happy with the TV until this major issue but obviously really disappointed it's failed so soon.  Anyone had a repaired XD9305 Tv that hasn't broken down again?

profile.country.GB.title
Maxmilan89
New

Bought my XD9305 in August 2016 (manufactured April 2016). It died in May 2017. After waiting for over a month to get it repaired and warning Sony about the issue that I expected to happen again shortly after....now 2,5 months down the road it died on me again. Sony says they fixed it with the wrong DPS (old one) and suggest to now fix it with a new DPS (modified). Costs me a hell of time to communicate with Sony and their repair service only is able to come over during business hours. I work abroad a lot so usually not at home. Had tot take a day off...now I have to do that again. Any suggestions in how to get Sony to either give me a complete new TV (new model) or my money back? My faith in this TV has gone....

profile.country.GB.title
Hellsneil
Explorer

Me too

profile.country.GB.title
Sinsinatus
Explorer

Same for me. Power supply failed in July and was replaced. And it’s failed again.

More generally I must say I’ve been appalled by the OS since I got it. It restarts for no obvious reason nearly every day.