Join now - be part of our community!

XE9005 Motionflow not very effective with the latest update.

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
daz606060
Explorer

XE9005 Motionflow not very effective with the latest update.

Hi all

I've narrowed down and been told some more info about how the motion settings work on Sony TV's so ignore my other thread.

On to my issue it seem that motionflow on my XE9005 (running the latest update) is not very effective even with smoothness on 5 (max) and clearness on 2 (max) I notice very little change to motion and its the same with the motionflow preset's to I only see a slight change as the most, yet when I demoed the TVs in store I noticed more of a change when changing both of the above settings and with the preset's too, but that one was running the factor default android OS without the update mine now as.

(1) Is this a software bug with all the XE9005 running this update?

(2) Is this a software bug with my tv, did something go wrong when mine updated?

(3) Is this as intended by Sony in this update?

(4) Could this be a hardware fault with my XE9005?

Regarding #(2) is there a way to reload/reapply the software update, I've already tried a full factory restore but I still have the same issues, I thinking maybe I could redownload the update, put it on to a USB drive and reinstall it from there, is that even possible?

Thank you in advance.

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.GR.title
sfortis

No its not the bad content. im also using a different model (XE8596 with the same X1 chip)

i was watching the same episode on netflix. Yesterday and today.

Yesterday the motion was fine (im using the standard motionflow setting), smooth and creamy. Today is just awfull. Is the content different? NO.

The motionflow behaviour is erratic. Sometimes works sometimes fails. Full reset wont help, i've done this recently. No extra apps installed, only stock. So its a huge bug or (hope not) a hardware bug.

your issue is definatelly NOT solved in this thread.

and im talking about this: 

profile.country.GR.title
raffo333
New