Join now - be part of our community!

XE9305 5.1 Audio over ARC from external source

profile.country.GB.title
StoufferTheCat

XE9305 5.1 Audio over ARC from external source

I have an XE9305.

Connected to HDMI 3 I have a Yamaha RX-V581 Receiver which has a Sky Q, Blu-Ray Player & PS4 Pro connected.

Somebody suggested that I might like to attach the PS4 Pro directly to HDMI 2 on the TV - that way I wouldn't need to manually change my picture settings from "Custom" to "Gaming" - as I switch the PS4 Pro on the channel would change and my picture profile would change.

However I read somewhere that the XE9005 can only do 5.1 audio over ARC from internal apps such as Netflix, Amazon etc.

Firstly, does the 9005 have this problem and secondly does the 9305 share this limitation?

Not a problem if it does - I'll just keep everything attached to the receiver and manually change picture profiles.

Cheers.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

XE93 and XE90 share the same architecture. ARC connection supports multichannel, what it does not is manage lossless audio (such as DTS HD)

profile.country.GB.title
StoufferTheCat

Thanks for the info.

I'll keep everything attached to the receiver and spend the 6-7 seconds changing the picture profile then :slight_smile:

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

👍
profile.country.GB.title
tractor9

I have been unsucessful getting  ARC to play DTS:x or Atmos in there native format (down grades to lower format), I Have the same Yamaha AV.  Currently using optical out which plays all formats fine and profile of HMDI remains the same.