Join now - be part of our community!

43XD8305 connecting to MT500 problems

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
TheParader

43XD8305 connecting to MT500 problems

Hi

New Member with a problem...

I have 43XD8305 connecting to a MT500 soundbar....a few days ago the soundbar stopped starting when i switched the TV on. The Soundbar works as i can switch it on seperately but my SkyQ box has no sound. The only way to get everything working is to switch everything off at the mains, then everything works.

I've tried Sony support who had me changing leads but nothing's worked. Has anyone got any ideas?

Regards

Paul

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

The result is the only one that is important :slight_smile:

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Sky decoders are known to have a bad HDMICEC handling that can impair the whole system, if you disconnect it everything else works? If so, think about buying an HDMI cecless adapter or cable for SkyQ

profile.country.GB.title
TheParader

Hi

Thank you for the reply....

The TV and Soundbar are connect via a HDMi (ARC). SkyQ is connected to HDMi 1 on the TV and i put an Optical cable from the SkyQ box to the TV....is that correct?

Thanks

Paul

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

No it is not correct. Tv optical socket is an output one so you cannot send a signal to it. And you don't need it since the audio from skyq will go to the tv via hdmi1 and go back to the bar via hdmiarc 
profile.country.GB.title
TheParader

Hahha....ya can tell i'm completely new to this.

So basically connect TV and Soundbar as advised....but add a CEC Less adapter to the HDMi from SkyQ to the TV and remove the optical cable?

Paul

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Yes, but before buying an adapter (even if it should cost few pounds) check if disconnecting Skyq solve your problem with the soundbar

profile.country.GB.title
TheParader

I will do that...thank you very much

Will post results as soon as i can

Paul

profile.country.GB.title
TheParader

Hi

I unplugged SkyQ completely and turned the TV off with the remote. Left it a few seconds and using the remote turned TV back on.....no soundbar 😞

The only thing that seems to get everything working is to turn everything off at the mains.

Any ideas?

Paul

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Try reayncing everything in the braviasync menu device list with skyq disconnected 
profile.country.GB.title
TheParader

SkyQ disconnected....i restarted the TV.....the Soundbar took 30 seconds to turn on.

sync menu doesn't look right....if i click control audio system it goes to screen which tells me about compatible systems but my Soundbar isn't on it.....and when i press the Input button my soundbar is "Player 2"....have absolutely no idea where that came from?