Join now - be part of our community!

XF9005 cannot playback from Universal Media Server

SOLVED
profile.country.PL.title
zeppelin60
Explorer

XF9005 cannot playback from Universal Media Server

My tv is connected to router via cable, net on tv is working ok. On my laptop I have Universal Media Server installed. On tv the server is visible, shared folders/files ( films) , but when click to play, it starts loading file ( long time), but finally cominiactes file cannot be played.  On UMS panel all devices are seen and active , but when I try to start film from laptop , directly by UMS it also starts loading only ( its wander when I change sound level on UMS, the change on tv is immediate). By the way, on AV 680 Aventage, UMS works well, playing music files with no problem. I changed router ports/sockets , no result. I removed firewell ( Roboscan), no effect, then installed another, compatible with Windows ( Comodo), no effect.

Additionally, I have Yamaha  BD 1067 , also connected to router, and when try to play file by DLNA,  BD just crashes, I need reset it ( earlier, when it was connected to my old AV Denon, it played smootly by DLNA).

What to do ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I'm happy it works!!! serviio is one of the best DLNA server.

regarding the unrecognized thing, you can set manually the type of device picking the last Sony profile (it should be 2013/2014 Sony tv)

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Your description is quite confusing, it is not easy to understand what is working on which device. I think you should proceed step by step before indagating DLNA problems: are the movie you try to play playable directly on the TV via USB?

profile.country.PL.title
zeppelin60
Explorer

I know, it is confusing, for days trying to change/check settings in  all devices , applications. 

It is *****,  to days ago after deleting firewell, on tv appeared WMP as a server, and  started to play 2 films, but when I tried to do the same on UMS failed, and then, again on WMP also failed... Yesterday  ( decided to install Comodo on my laptop) no success, instead of just WMP , on list of servers was name of my computer, not active  

Yes , video formats was supported ( avi). 

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

.avi alone does not mean anything since if, i.e, being only a container it includes divx codec that is not supported by any new tv (AFAIK). Try it via usb before trying another DLNA server (BTW I use serviio if you want to give it a try)

profile.country.PL.title
zeppelin60
Explorer

Via usb working ok ( connected usb hdd), different avi. divx played .

Today I wiil test serviio , thanks. Can it be installed in paralell, with UMS ?

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

are you sure regarding divx? no sony television decodes them since many years (now also other brand like Samsung) because they ask for royalties. Not to be confused with xvid that is supported (and royalty free ;))

I guess you can install several DLNA server on the same machine . Be sure you set your TV (better if with a static IP) as a Sony TV 2013/2014 device in the serviio console setting in order for serviio to adopt the right profile to the TV (generic DLNA devices will get much less content thorugh DLNA)

profile.country.PL.title
zeppelin60
Explorer

Generally, I expect tv is a problem: after replacing AV (Yamaha istead of Denon) and TV ( Sony insted of Sharp) I had a lot of problems to configure this set. All was connected by HDMI, but on tv cannot see picture of BD ! No matter HDMI control on/off ARC on/off. I almost gave up,  but i desperation changed on tv "4k upscalling", and everyting started work.  

profile.country.PL.title
zeppelin60
Explorer

Serviio rules...Roob, thanks !

After serviio installation , all problems disapeared, all files are played ( even mkv ) on tv and BD.

Despite one thing : on serviio console, status of tv is : unrecognized,  why ? I sent pings to device, connection is ok. 

Anyway , it plays.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I'm happy it works!!! serviio is one of the best DLNA server.

regarding the unrecognized thing, you can set manually the type of device picking the last Sony profile (it should be 2013/2014 Sony tv)