Join now - be part of our community!

XH9505 ITV live TV

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
puneetm
Explorer

XH9505 ITV live TV

Hi 

From the youview app, accessing ITV Hub doesn't show the option of watching Live TV. I only see option for watching catch up TV. Is this intended behaviour? If so, what is the alternative way to watching ITV channels live? 

Many thanks 

Puneet 

38 REPLIES 38
profile.country.GB.title
puneetm
Explorer

Because I don't want to if I can make it work without the aerial -- driven by personal preference to keep the space clean and not have another cable dangling around if I can avoid it. 

Have checked other forums and it looks like side-loading ITV app is an option. I will explore that path. 

profile.country.GB.title
Eskimosony

Lol a TV without an aerial. More cables lol...tell you what if you get rid of the power cable you can replace it with an aerial.

profile.country.GB.title
puneetm
Explorer

thank you for the helpful comment -- believe the advice is coming from your personal experience. Please do share how it is going? 

profile.country.GB.title
Eskimosony

A Television without an aerial is like a Car without wheels. You do have wheels on your car don't you? Anyways, that's all enjoy. I've offered as many solutions as I am able. I would suggest you get over your aerial phobia ASAP so you can enjoy your Television to the fullest. 

profile.country.GB.title
puneetm
Explorer

You have offered a solution but it unfortunately doesn't work for me (and in my view -- don't believe it an ideal solution either). 

profile.country.GB.title
Eskimosony

Lol

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Eskimosony 

You’ll be wanting him to get a satellite dish next 😛

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
Eskimosony

@royabrown2 

I've bought a Car but it has no wheels. I feel wheels will spoil the asthetics. Does anyone know how to make it move?

I am receiving no picture in my TV. I will not plug it in as that will be one too many leads. Does anyone know if I can run it off AAA batteries.

Even though you offered me 3 reasonable solutions I still think you are an idiot so will sell my Sony TV and get an LG rather than install a TV aerial.

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@puneetm 

What an app offers can differ from platform to platform. I have seen an All4 app with no live TV option, and that was a right pain also.

Can I suggest that you look at the Roku Express, either the HD one or the 4K one, and see if the players on those offer live TV? If so, this will give you what you want a fair bit cheaper than getting a proper terrestrial aerial, and a fair bit more reliably than an indoor aerial, which anyway wouldn’t be enough in many locations.

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Eskimosony 

I don’t see what your problem is here. These Sony TVs have satellite inputs, and now Freesat, and you can get the live TV channels on that; but nobody is telling me ha ha you bought a TV to watch live channels but you have only connected an aerial ha ha you have wasted your satellite connection by not using it because you won’t go to the trouble and expense and the aesthetic disruption of putting up a satellite dish.

Why are you so fixated that to watch live TV you need a terrestrial aerial?

What have you got against satellite?

Why aren’t you recommending it at least as an equal option to a terrestrial aerial?

Huh?