Join now - be part of our community!

XR-55A95L audio issues

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Blumine1818

XR-55A95L audio issues

I took delivery of a replacement A95L TV today following a fault with the first one.

I have audio from e-arc going into the Sony HT-ZF9 soundbar. I've connected my 4k bluray player and Sky Q box directly to the TV and assumed this would give me audio to the soundbar as well as better picture quality. I have no audio.

Please help.

35 REPLIES 35
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Blumine1818 

You asked:-

Could it be the HDMI arc input on the soundbar that is faulty?

to which the answer is no, as when you plug the 4K BluRay into the soundbar, you still get no audio, although the video goes to the TV OK, proving you have selected the correct input on the soundbar to play the disc, and yet you still get no audio, which in these circumstances would be played directly by the soundbar, with no ARC involved.

ARC only comes into play when the sound source is connected via the TV.

And that you get the video shown proves, at least, that video can go up the cable that the ARC audio comes down. And video should be going up that cable when you press Home; does that now work, or still not?

Getting audio from Demo mode is progress, anyway. It proves the soundbar can still make a noise when it wants to.

But I’m worried that reset apparently didn’t work; if you now get a video display when pressing Home, then it did work. But if still not, do that reset again, pushing both buttons simultaneously, and holding them in until either it does reset, or until at least 30 seconds has passed.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
Blumine1818

Thank you, I really appreciate your efforts.

Pressing home still doesn't work. 

I shall try that reset again with power and volume buttons and let you know ASAP. 

profile.country.GB.title
Blumine1818

All of a sudden pressing home has prompted a screen message asking if I want to perform easy set up!

profile.country.GB.title
Blumine1818

1000023774.jpg

profile.country.GB.title
Blumine1818

I don't know how to thank you but

IT IS WORKING! 

The software has updated and all is well!

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Blumine1818 

Result!

It looks like the soundbar had crashed - maybe it got crashed when the previous TV went wrong, we never did explore what actually happened there, or maybe it attempted a software update that got stuck, or maybe it’s just that ‘stuff happens’  - and the factory reset, first attempt or second attempt, worked, and rescued it.

Hopefully, you can, or have, got it back as good as new now.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…