Join now - be part of our community!

Year old x850c, my options

Dvdmikeis007
Explorer

Year old x850c, my options

Hi all,

My x850c has a few quirks, the tuning off and restating every month or so I can live with (weirdly)

But the left hand side of the set has an odd almost purple/green cast for nearly a 4th of the screen.

It is not always super visible, mostly on poorer quality stuff.

On 4k or good 1080p it's hard to see.

Now I know it has that long warranty, but what does that mean? A reconditioned one I wait 4 weeks for that may have more issues?

I got this over the D as I wanted 3D so I want to keep it till I can get a ZD9 ideally bit that is a while off, and this is getting annoying! 

7 REPLIES 7
Dvdmikeis007
Explorer

Anyone?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Its hard to know what is going on or advise accordingly until we can see it for ourselves.  Are you able to post a couple of photos by any chance?  It would help.

Cheers

Dvdmikeis007
Explorer

It's hard to show on camera, but in the red section you can see the colour fades to purple 

Tv

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmm.  Im not sure what to make of it - My eyes arnt what they used to be, so I am not seeing terribly much in that photo.  Having said that, as the issue is on part of the screen, this indicates to me that it is not a setting issue. 

The first thing to try is a factory reset.  The reason I say this is because of this thread below, which worked - I was amazed!

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/small-horizontal-line/m-p/2284729

If that fails, then the really only other explaination is hardware issue.  Which is going down the warranty repair route, which you mentioned in your first post.

Dvdmikeis007
Explorer

Did a factory​ reset and spent hours getting my stuff back the way it was and it's still there.

Knew it was hardware, how does the returns process work? 

Dvdmikeis007
Explorer

IMG_20170330_210238.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

To find an authorised Sony repair centre, see this link:

http://services.sony.co.uk/support/en/repair/asc

Cheers