Join now - be part of our community!

ZD9 3D issue

ZD9 3D issue

Hi, 

When I try to watch a 3D blu-ray on the 75" ZD9, there seems to be a syncing problem with the glasses or something. I can see a horizontal black shadow in the middle of the screen jumping up and down. Through the PC output I tried the Nvidia 3D test and that indeed shows that there is an issue.

This goes away if I do a factory rest of the TV and then I can watch 3D properly. But if I try 3D content again a few days later the problem has come back.

It's not an issue with the glasses since all 4 pairs I have (Sony & non-Sony) show the same thing.

Has anyone experienced this problem? Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks!

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have not heard or seen this issue I am afraid.  Im assuming that you have had a look at the 3D settings, i.e. The depth adjustment etc.

All else fails, you might want to contact Sony Support:

http://services.sony.co.uk/supportmvc/en/Contact/Email

Cheers

profile.country.RU.title
zygard
Explorer

I have exactly the same problem with my 65ZD9 - I solve it not only by factory reset, but also by some power off/power on actions. This problem is spontaneous, so it can’t be properly demonstrated in service center. This seriously annoying, so I hope it can be the way to find the reason. Please help!

profile.country.GB.title
blacksmokedotorg
New

I have also just purchased the Sony KD-75ZD9 TV too and have exactly these same problem. 

Whenever I attempt to watch 3D content there is a faint horizontal black shadow in the centre of the screen.  Same with both pairs of 3D Glasses supplied and it's on screen whether I watch 3D Bluray or streaming content.  I've tried for weeks to get it working, turning the TV on and off again, with no luck.  One one occasion only (just once) I tried and the grey line wasn't there... and it delivered perfect 3D.  But I can't get it to work again.  I've e-mailed Sony for support/advice but they simply don't reply.  Which is really surprising (particularly given the cost of this TV).

Also, still no Dolby Vision support. 

I know Consumers are unhappy with the Low Latency version of Sony's Dolby Vision support, but it will (no doubt) be figured out in the end, albeit months behind every other TV manufacturer.  However, US customers do get online Dolby Vision in the meantime.  In the UK?  Nothing (apart from a logo advertising Dolby Vision support on their Website, of course).  Many other TV manufacturers offer Dolby Vision support for TV's... at half the price of the Sony Model.

I think the 75" ZD9 is a genuinely superb TV.  If Sony can get the 3D working all the time, I'll probably be very impressed.  When they finally support Dolby Vision, I'll probably be equally impressed.  But why am I left just guessing when and if this will happen?  Sony's decision not to communicate with customers is reflecting very poorly on their brand image.  It's far more damaging than the delay in providing solutions.

COMMUNICATE SONY.  Please.

profile.country.NL.title
goro64
New

Hi, Wintersuran.

I also have the same problem. I found out that you can resolve it to hold the on/off button on the leftside of the tv for 10 seconds. (soft restart). Then you see the tv restart ANDROID logo starts. Then the 3d should work ok. But it doesnt solve the problem. When it gets back just soft restart your tv and the 3d works again. Its anoing but this is the only way to get it working. I hope this will help

Greetings,

Robert