Join now - be part of our community!

ZD9 Pixel problem - Dots flickering w. Xbox One X

profile.country.SE.title
Miller01
New

ZD9 Pixel problem - Dots flickering w. Xbox One X

I have an issue with my TV or my Xbox One X. I suspect the TV has an issue since a forced restart of the OS (Android) on the TV makes the problem dissapear temporarily. After completely being shut of for some time and restarting the devices the problem appears again.  

A recorded video of the issue: https://youtu.be/NiTxppq1828

I have tried changing cables, connecting directly to the TV and switching inputs/outputs on my Yamaha receiver but nothing has helped. 

Has anyone hade any similar issues with 4K signals to the TV?

Sony ZD9 + xbox one x + Yamaha RXA2050 Running at 4k. Almost always give this kind of pixel fault as shown in the video. The only thing that solves it seems to be to force the TV to restart. Restarting any of the other devices does not help. Has anyone else had the same issue?
2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Miller01,

I have seen this before when the HDMI-cable was damaged OR when there was severe magnetic interference around the cable.

- Nic

profile.country.SE.title
Miller01
New

@IamNic

Ok Good to know! 

But the thing that speaks against both these physical suggested faults is the fact that the issue disappears by restarting the TV Android OS. 

I have tried other cables with the same issue. What I can try is to also move the xbox to another place and/or keeping all power amplifiers etc turned off. But all these should be magnetically shielded.