Join now - be part of our community!

Adding other file formats to PMH

profile.country.en_NL.title
ekeuris
Explorer

Adding other file formats to PMH

Hello, can anybody explain to me why it is impossible to import other file formats into Play Memories Home ( it was also impossible to do in PMB).

I have a lot of movies in other formats than that of my Sony camera, and I would like to include those movies in Play Memories Home as well. Strangly, when I am going to add a folder and I select the appropriate folder, the lsit with thumbnails are showing the files without problems. But the files are not being added to PMH.

Why and what can I do to solve this.

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
Mick2011
New

Hi ekeuris :slight_smile:

In PMH you can click [Help] > [About PlayMemories Home] > [Supported formats] to get a list of compatible file types:

Registered File Formats

See this page for instructions on designating ('registering') an image folder for viewing in PMH.

Cheers

Mick

profile.country.en_NL.title
ekeuris
Explorer

Well, this I knew already. But I am more interrested in how I can add other formats. Because the formats shown are only those supported by Sony. I would be customer friendly when Sony allowed also other non-Sony formats.

By the way, I found a method to convert other files into the format accepted by PMH. I open the files in Pinnacle Studio and then save them as a file. Then they can be read by PMH as well. But that is extremely time consuming.