Join now - be part of our community!

Drivers wanted for Handycam HELP!

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
sinclair147
Visitor

Drivers wanted for Handycam HELP!

Hi, can anyone help me with my driver problem? I have a DCR HC-18E handycam but my operating system (vista 64bit ultimate) wont let it run? How/where do I get drivers for this problem?

thank you,

Karl

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Karl,

If you PC/Laptop has a FireWire port it should look something like the image below..

fire1.JPG

and may have one of the symbols below

fire.JPG

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Karl,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

It seems the original drivers & software are not Vista or windows 7 compatible..

Does your PC have a firewire (iLink) port, if so try connecting your HC-18 to your PC using that port.?

sinclair147
Visitor

Hi Thalamus and thanks for taking time to answer me:smileyhappy:without sounding thick as a plank "whats a firewire port and where would I find it"?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Karl,

If you PC/Laptop has a FireWire port it should look something like the image below..

fire1.JPG

and may have one of the symbols below

fire.JPG

sinclair147
Visitor

Hello Thalamus,

yes I have a six pin port on my pc. where would I get a cabble for it and will it work?

thanks

Karl:smileyhappy:

ps. What does "correct answer" and "helpfull answer" mean? and do I need to tick them after a reply?

Message was edited by: sinclair147

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Sinclair147,

you should be able to purchase a FireWire cable from Maplins or similar local pc/electronics store..

sinclair147 wrote:

ps. What does "correct answer" and "helpfull answer" mean? and do I need to tick them after a reply?

Correct Answer &/or Helpful can be selected when,..

A. When you consider a users reply has been helpful in solving your original question..

B. If a reply has solved your problem then you can select Correct Answer so that the solution can be easily identified by others with a similar problem..