Join now - be part of our community!

Bloggie Not Working

profile.country.en_GB.title
CherryBray
Visitor

Bloggie Not Working

Hi,

My Bloggie seems to have died?

I have just attached it to my Laptop and downloaded some photos, which it did fine, and then (beucase I was havig problems) set it to re-initialise (revert to manufacturer's settings).

Everything seemed okay - The re-initialise resolved my issue of the screen being quite dark (checking the settings it would seem I had change the colur from 1 to 3 and that was causing the issue) and I took a couple of test photos however the Bloggie suddendly went dead and no amount of coaxing seems to be able to bring it to life.

Thinking it might be the battery I have connected it to the USB Charger and the Charging Lamp flares Orange briefly (which I think means it's need charging) and then goes out. I have also tried re-connecting to the computer with no succses.

The Bloggie is about 14 Months old - I will leave it charging to see if that resolves the issue but any suggestions gratefully received otherwise I think it's to the recycling plant (and a vow never to buy another Sony product again!).

Regards.

Cherry.

2 REPLIES 2
CherryBray
Visitor

Happy to say that a Constant Charge seems to have brought my Bloggie back to life - Went back and the Power Light was glowing Orange and then (when unplugged) Green so guess the Battery was absoulty flat.

Feel foolish posting this but happy I have my bloggie back:smileyhappy:

Regards,

Cherry.

Mick2011
New

Hi Cherry :slight_smile:

No problem – often just getting these things written down is enough for a solution to present itself.

You do need to charge the battery for about 4 hours. Being a lithium-ion battery, it's not necessary to run the battery down completely before you charge it. You'll typically run the battery flat with about 1 hour's recording, 2 hours playback, or some combination of the two, but I'd advise plugging it in after every use, no matter how short.

Glad you got it sorted out :wink:

Cheers

Mick