Join now - be part of our community!

HOW do I upload Bloggie video to Petfinder.com?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Jbakerbell
Visitor

HOW do I upload Bloggie video to Petfinder.com?

I bought my Bloggie specifically to take short videos of dogs and cats at our local animal shelter and then to load them to the individual entries I create for the animals on Petfinder.com, to find them homes.  I thought I'd be able to save each video on my computer and then upload it through the browse function in Petfinder when I am entering the animal information.  I can't find a way to do that.

I am completely confused.  If there is no way to do this I need to return my Bloggie to Costco.  HELP PLEASE.

Message was edited by: Jbakerbell

Message was edited by: Jbakerbell

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mick2011
New

Hi Jbakerbell, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

You should be able to use your Bloggie software to get videos either directly onto your PC hard drive, or directly to a file hosting service such as YouTube, or onto Facebook etc. I'll post a link to the Bloggie software help page below.

You may have problems uploading directly from Bloggie to Petfinder.com because (unlike the much bigger sites such as YouTube anfd Facebook) the website doesn't have a compatible upload widget. In this case I'd suggest you upload to YouTube first, and them link to the YouTube video in Petfinder.com. This is a Petfinder-approved method of uploading video, according to their Help page:

HP_AnimalsGraphic11a.jpg

Once you get to this dialogue window, you can either navigate to your Videos folder on your PC (the option checked above) or check the Embed a video... option and copy-paste the URL from YouTube into the box.

A fairly comprehensive guide to both methods of video transfer from the Bloggie can be found here:

http://www.sony.lv/support/en/topics/how-to-use-bloggie-software/MHS

Hope this is of some help

Mick

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Mick2011
New

Hi Jbakerbell, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

You should be able to use your Bloggie software to get videos either directly onto your PC hard drive, or directly to a file hosting service such as YouTube, or onto Facebook etc. I'll post a link to the Bloggie software help page below.

You may have problems uploading directly from Bloggie to Petfinder.com because (unlike the much bigger sites such as YouTube anfd Facebook) the website doesn't have a compatible upload widget. In this case I'd suggest you upload to YouTube first, and them link to the YouTube video in Petfinder.com. This is a Petfinder-approved method of uploading video, according to their Help page:

HP_AnimalsGraphic11a.jpg

Once you get to this dialogue window, you can either navigate to your Videos folder on your PC (the option checked above) or check the Embed a video... option and copy-paste the URL from YouTube into the box.

A fairly comprehensive guide to both methods of video transfer from the Bloggie can be found here:

http://www.sony.lv/support/en/topics/how-to-use-bloggie-software/MHS

Hope this is of some help

Mick