Join now - be part of our community!

Can I produce a film from Digital Camcorder to play on DVD

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
myqu2u
Visitor

Can I produce a film from Digital Camcorder to play on DVD

I have recently being bought a HDR-CX130E Handycam.  Now need to update my laptop and video editing software (thinking of getting Pinnacle).  Will I be able to produce home movies, publish to a dvd disc to play on dvd player or will i encounter further problems as the format of the camcorder is avchd.  Looked at spec for pinnacle and its states 'please do no insert AVCHD discs into device that does not support the AVCHD standard.  Are these special discs or could I put my finished product onto a normal DVD disc

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello myqu2u - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

The default video file recording format for this camcorder is .mts which may give you some difficulties when trying to 'import' into editing software such as Pinnacle. However, it is possible to convert .mts into a more 'editor friendly' format such as .avi by searching for freeware converters online. If you such for 'free mts to avi software' on Google you will see that there are a few options available to you. Having said this, I would advise you to try and import the .mts files into Pinnacle first of all before resorting to converting them.

Once you have all of your finished clips in Pinnacle, you will be able to edit these and then output to a regular DVD.

Thanks,

Simon

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello myqu2u - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

The default video file recording format for this camcorder is .mts which may give you some difficulties when trying to 'import' into editing software such as Pinnacle. However, it is possible to convert .mts into a more 'editor friendly' format such as .avi by searching for freeware converters online. If you such for 'free mts to avi software' on Google you will see that there are a few options available to you. Having said this, I would advise you to try and import the .mts files into Pinnacle first of all before resorting to converting them.

Once you have all of your finished clips in Pinnacle, you will be able to edit these and then output to a regular DVD.

Thanks,

Simon

myqu2u
Visitor

Many thanks Simon.  I have a video editing programme that I got on line some time ago.  I have used it in the past to convert videos from my phone but I was hoping I wouldn't have to convert from a new camcorder.

Thanks for your advice, I will give it a try.