Join now - be part of our community!

DCR-HC18E Zoom not working

profile.country.en_GB.title
golfoscar
Visitor

DCR-HC18E Zoom not working

I have a DCR-HC18E Handycam

Sometimes the zoom works and sometimes it doesn't.  It seems to work briefly when I first turn it on after leaving it for a while but always stops working again.  Everything else works fine.  Anyone any ideas please?

2 REPLIES 2
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello golfoscar - welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

When the zoom fails to function, is there any kind of mechanical noise coming from within the camera as this may indicate a physical fault and if so, the best course of action will depend upon the length of time that you have had the camera i.e. the warranty period / the cost of an out-of-warranty repair.

If a repair is the only option, there is a forum thread that explains how to get in touch with Sony Customer Services and it is available here:

http://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/message/651957#651957

Thanks,

Simon

golfoscar
Visitor

Thanks for your reply.

On the random occassions that the zoom does work, it is absolutely fine, there is no mechancial noise and the zoom is smooth and quick.

When it doesen't work there is no mechanical noise either.  It just will not move off wide angle.

I have tried pressing the reset button but this has not made any difference.

My hunch is that it is not a mechanical problem because it is unlikely that a mechanical problem would be intermittent.  But this is just a hunch!