Join now - be part of our community!

Do you know what is the difference between Sony Handycam model: HDR-CX130E and HDR-CX130EB ???

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
KKK250
Visitor

Do you know what is the difference between Sony Handycam model: HDR-CX130E and HDR-CX130EB ???

Do you know what is the difference between Sony Handycam model: HDR-CX130E and HDR-CX130EB  ??? I can't find what that letter 'B' means. I found that model 'B' is 40 GBP cheapier. Why??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mick2011
New

Hi KKK250, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

The letter 'b' denotes the black-finished version.

Although the CX130e is officially known as the CX130eb (black) and CX130er (red) both versions are more generically known as simply DSC-CX130e, the 'e' telling us it's the European (PAL video) version, rather than plain old DSC-CX130 (US version, NTSC) - all other things being equal on each.

As to why it's cheaper, it could be that red anodizing costs more, or that red is the new black... I suspect it's the latter, as the CX130er has sold out on the Sony.co.uk website and retailers' prices are simply reflecting the shortage.

Cheers

Mick

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Mick2011
New

Hi KKK250, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

The letter 'b' denotes the black-finished version.

Although the CX130e is officially known as the CX130eb (black) and CX130er (red) both versions are more generically known as simply DSC-CX130e, the 'e' telling us it's the European (PAL video) version, rather than plain old DSC-CX130 (US version, NTSC) - all other things being equal on each.

As to why it's cheaper, it could be that red anodizing costs more, or that red is the new black... I suspect it's the latter, as the CX130er has sold out on the Sony.co.uk website and retailers' prices are simply reflecting the shortage.

Cheers

Mick