Join now - be part of our community!

SONY HDR-CX130E MEMORY CARD COMPATIBILITY

profile.country.en_GB.title
brporte60
Visitor

SONY HDR-CX130E MEMORY CARD COMPATIBILITY

Hi,

I'm hoping there's an expert out there that can help me?

After just buying my new Sony HDR-CX130E camcorder, I was looking for a good value 32gb memory card. I spoke to a really helpful member of staff at a local store and he suggested the 7dayshop 32 GB memory card. As I'm on a budget, I purchased the card, but when I put the card into the camcorder, it says not compatible?

I bought this particular model of camcorder as I assumed it would read SDHC cards too?

Has anybody else been through the same issues? I'm guessing I will need to buy a memory stick card instead?

I am getting twitchy as my Father In Law has a driving expericience day on Thursday 2nd June, and I wanted to record his big day!

12 REPLIES 12
mknicho
Visitor

Hi I had the same problem. I had 2 of these cards and one was faulty. 7dayshop excanged no problem. Also try reformating via a computer. If the computer does not see the card when inserted in card reader, then card is faulty. Also make sure first your card reader does read SDHC.   

anthonyditri
New

7dayshop were kind enough to refund.   Sony support could only recommend Sony cards. But I found that the Sandisk 16Gb worked fine at £30  http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0037FLUYU/ref=oss_product

brporte60
Visitor

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for your feedback.

You are quite right re the Sony Mem Stick compatibility cards. I ended up buying a Lexar Memory Stick PRO Duo 32GB Mark 2 card from Amazon for £77. This will hold around 2hrs 47mins of the highest quality recording. So much for the budget! The card is working perfectly and am really pleased with the HD quality of the recording. Great little camcorder.

Just wanted to add that 7dayshop customer service was excellent, and would not hesitate buying from them again.

Hope you're enjoying your camcorder too Anthony.

All the best,

Brad.

lawgu1
Visitor

I've just bought a Sony CX130, but the resulting films, in low light, have yellow blotches all over the,. I'm now on my second replacement and it has the same issue. I'm unsure as to whether this is another broken camcorder or if this is indicative of the quality of Sony. Has anyone had any issues with yellow blothes on films.

You can see from the following link that the yellow is most noticeable on white backgrounds (radiator, Birthday card) -  http://db.tt/yW4QP5Wh

Mick2011
New

Hi lawgu1 - I've replied to this on your thread:

https://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/message/710588#710588

Cheers

Mick

lawgu1
Visitor

Hi Mick,  Many thanks for the speedy and informative response. I shall try the change of settings you've suggested. From what you say though, it seems that I will have to accept some level of yellow blotching on any filming indoors, which to an amateur HD camcorder user, seems quite had to swallow. I was told by the Sony rep that this camera would provide high quality images in both high and low quality lighting – this now seems counter to the evidence that I have.   I spent £350 on the camera and now have to consider whether a refund and then upgrade to another camera might not be better value. Given how informed you are, would you recommend any other cameras?   Many thanks. Gary

Mick2011
New

I would recommend you try some different settings before doing anything hasty :dizzy:

It's a very competitive market and there are a good many camcorders available at that price. However as I suggested, at this price point there are none that will give you noiseless low-light recording; there is always a noise issue, either heavy grain, very 'soft' details, grey/monochrome colours or blotching.

The saleman was right in the sense that the Exmor R sensor is pretty much the cutting edge of low-light chips for consumer camcorders, so I afraid I can't really recommend anything better without spending considerably more money.

With any luck, switching the Low Lux off will do the trick :slight_smile:

Cheers

Mick

lawgu1
Visitor

Hi Mick,

Unfortunately, when I went to check/adjust thre setting you recommended, Low Lux was already set to off. So, the videos I have taken, with the resulting yellow blotches, were filmed with this off.

Thanks.

anthonyditri
New

i can't believe it, I have exactly the same problem!

i've emailed 7dayshop, and i'm sure they will refund/swap, but i'm wondering if the problem is with the 7dayshop brand or the 32Gb capacity.

Did you get anywhere with this problem?

Message was edited by: -Cass-