Join now - be part of our community!

SONY HDR-CX130E MEMORY CARD COMPATIBILITY

profile.country.en_GB.title
brporte60
Visitor

SONY HDR-CX130E MEMORY CARD COMPATIBILITY

Hi,

I'm hoping there's an expert out there that can help me?

After just buying my new Sony HDR-CX130E camcorder, I was looking for a good value 32gb memory card. I spoke to a really helpful member of staff at a local store and he suggested the 7dayshop 32 GB memory card. As I'm on a budget, I purchased the card, but when I put the card into the camcorder, it says not compatible?

I bought this particular model of camcorder as I assumed it would read SDHC cards too?

Has anybody else been through the same issues? I'm guessing I will need to buy a memory stick card instead?

I am getting twitchy as my Father In Law has a driving expericience day on Thursday 2nd June, and I wanted to record his big day!

12 REPLIES 12
Mick2011
New

Ah ok, that's interesting. Did you try filming with it switched on?

lawgu1
Visitor

Yes, and I get the same rubbishy yellow blotching in low light.

Mick2011
New

That's a pity, there should be a quanitifiable difference in low-light colour response, but obviously that's not the source of the problem.

Unfortunately as you have the basic model in the range, there are no other settings to tweak that might help. As I suggested earlier, all other things being equal, you'd likely only see a distinct improvement with a much more expensive model, partly due to having a much larger sensor and partly thanks to a greater number of manual settings for things like gain and shutter control.

One rather obvious thing you can do is try to improve the quality of the light you film under. Even with a professional-quality camera costing ten times as much as yours, poor quality light will give poor-quality footage. Professional videographers carry additional lighting for that reason.

As the blotching is a direct result of the camera attempting to compensate for inadequate light, you will see less blotching the higher the light levels become. Additional lighting doesn't have to mean big studio lamps on stands; I've used everything from desk lamps to maglights with great results. For daytime interiors, try to film close to a bright window. At night or away from windows, switch on as many interior lights as you can. If there's a room you regularly use for filming, try putting a higher-wattage bulb in the room's main light fitting.

Hopefully there's something there that will help :slight_smile:

Cheers

Mick