Join now - be part of our community!

Handy Cam CX115 SD Card Playback Problems

profile.country.en_GB.title
Davieband
Visitor

Handy Cam CX115 SD Card Playback Problems

I have a handy cam CX115 I recently went on a cruise and did a lot of filming. At the end of each day I would view the footage. One day it bleeped and told me card was full, on trying to view footage it told me card had not been formatted correctly. On returning home I took it back to shop and they said the images were there but the camera did not recognise them. I put it down to user  error. Over the week end I used up another SD card, I did format it and I did view the images on a regular basis. But as soon as the card was full its giving me the same error message that the card is not formatted correctly. I have now lost lots of  footage yet I now its been recorded and I have viewed it on the camera. What's going wrong ??????

Message was edited by: Davieband

Message was edited by: Davieband

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
Mick2011
New

Hi Davieband, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

It sounds a lot like the cards, rather than the camera, are the problem here. Unless you're absolutely certain they are both genuine branded memory cards, there's a chance you've picked up some cheap counterfeit ones. Fake cards often work fine up to a point, but either don't have the capacity they should, aren't as fast as the should be or become problematic when they reach capacity.

The fake card problem is huge and not getting any better. If you see card prices that are too-good-to-be-true, they probably are. You might save a few quid on list prices of genuine cards but paying a lot less, especially online, greatly increases your chances of buying a fake.

If you're sure you have genuine cards already, let me know and we'll troubleshoot it from there. Even then, my first suggestion would be to ask your friendly nieghbourhood camera store if you can check out a genuine card - even for a visual side-by-side comparison - before going any further.

This site is also quite useful: http://www.overclockers.com.au/wiki/Fake_Memory_Cards

Cheers

Mick