Join now - be part of our community!

Having trouble transferring what I filmed from the camera (DCR-HC45E) to my computer. I try to connect via USB STREAM I set the camera display. Then I try with PMB to get in contact with the camera but then I see only my computer dvd-R/RW and can not acce

profile.country.sv_SE.title
pjgh12
Visitor

Having trouble transferring what I filmed from the camera (DCR-HC45E) to my computer. I try to connect via USB STREAM I set the camera display. Then I try with PMB to get in contact with the camera but then I see only my computer dvd-R/RW and can not acce

Having trouble transferring what I filmed from the camera (DCR-HC45E) to my computer. I try to connect via USB STREAM I set the camera display. Then I try to PMB to get in contact with the camera but then I see only your computer dvd-R/RW and can not access the camera. I used the first PMB ver.2.0.01. Then I downloaded an update for PMB from 15/11-2011.
My computer is an HP desktop with Windows XP.

How do I access the camera via USB so I can transfer the movie to my computer? I use the USB cable that was with the camera.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello pjgh12 - welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

When the camera is connected through USB to your PC, do you see it appear as a seperate drive when you click on 'My Computer' in Windows XP? If you can see it, you may find that you can browse directly the the files within your camera and then 'drag and drop' these to your main hard drive.

Thanks,

Simon

profile.country.sv_SE.title
pjgh12
Visitor

Hello Simon.

When i connect the camera to the USB port. I can't se it on the computer.

I have tested with two different computer one with Windows XP and one with Windows 7.

But I failed to connect the camera to the computers?

I have tested with USB-driver program that i found on the installation CD that follow with the camera.

But i can' see the camera on my computer.

I was in a computer store yesterday. They told me i must use Firewie cabel to get the film to the computer?

But then the SONY PMB program that follows with the camera is useless?

/pjgh12