Join now - be part of our community!

HDR-CX6 as a HDV source in Corel Video Studio

SOLVED
profile.country.el_GR.title
thdedousis
Visitor

HDR-CX6 as a HDV source in Corel Video Studio

I need help to connect my Sony HDR-CX6 handycam to my laptop, as a HDV source for Corel Video Studio Editor X4.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello again :slight_smile:

I understand your setup and problem now. In your situation, I would usually advise to get footage onto your computer via any method that works and then to import the video file into your editing software.

However, as you have said that you need live capture, I can really only suggest making sure that you have the latest Sony drivers installed on your computer. For the HDR-CX6, the latest files and software can be downloaded from here:

http://support.sony-europe.com/dime/camcorders/hd/msc/msc.aspx?site=odw_en_GB&m=HDR-CX6EK

As you are using third-party software, you may need to have a look on the support forums for the video software itself if the problem persists. Either way, I would always advise having the latest version of the drivers as well as the latest Picture Motion Browser.

Thanks,

Simon

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello thdedousis - welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

If you could give me some more information about your situation it would really help. To start with, do you mean that you have already tried to connect the camera to your computer?

Thanks,

Simon

profile.country.el_GR.title
thdedousis
Visitor

Hello Simon,

Thanks for your response.

I use the USB connection to transfer video files from the HDR-CX6 into my laptop.

This connection, (USB), doesn't work when I try to capture video live from my handycam into Corel Video Studio X4 editor. The web camera of my laptop works, but the immage quality is not sufficient.

I need live video capture to make annimation clips with my video editor.

Thanks,

Thanasis

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello again :slight_smile:

I understand your setup and problem now. In your situation, I would usually advise to get footage onto your computer via any method that works and then to import the video file into your editing software.

However, as you have said that you need live capture, I can really only suggest making sure that you have the latest Sony drivers installed on your computer. For the HDR-CX6, the latest files and software can be downloaded from here:

http://support.sony-europe.com/dime/camcorders/hd/msc/msc.aspx?site=odw_en_GB&m=HDR-CX6EK

As you are using third-party software, you may need to have a look on the support forums for the video software itself if the problem persists. Either way, I would always advise having the latest version of the drivers as well as the latest Picture Motion Browser.

Thanks,

Simon